Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please load board message

Default Please load board message

I keep getting this message after "stay under board option". I have tried different boards. What do you suggest is the problem?
    George

That message to Load Board is due to a roller switch being open. (You would get the same message if the head was not clamped down.)

Listen for the roller switches to "click" as you clamp the head down. One of them is most likely the problem.

Thanks, bergerud. I don't hear any click when I clamp the head so I guess maybe that could be the problem.
    George

had that problem before and what you do is keyboard board side take the side panel out,, with a little screw driver you will see the switch just push on it and should release the switch if not you have to change the switches
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

Any chance this is a "7 inch rule of wood" issue and the artwork length and the board physical length AND asking to stay under the rollers = load a new longer board??????

Just asking.... sometimes the question can be interpreted in different ways.... Board too short to subtract 7 inches to stay under rollers leaving no room for a pattern.
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 07-21-2017 at 12:16 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

I assume you meant "after 'stay under roller' option". Is there a chance your board is a little less than .5"? Or you have dust built up in the rollers? Also, check head pressure.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Quote Originally Posted by lynnfrwd View Post
    I assume you meant "after 'stay under roller' option". Is there a chance your board is a little less than .5"? Or you have dust built up in the rollers? Also, check head pressure.
    I did say after "stay under roller" option. The board is .75 thick and the rollers are clean. The head pressure is a tad over 100.
    George

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalwoodshop View Post
    Any chance this is a "7 inch rule of wood" issue and the artwork length and the board physical length AND asking to stay under the rollers = load a new longer board??????

Just asking.... sometimes the question can be interpreted in different ways.... Board too short to subtract 7 inches to stay under rollers leaving no room for a pattern.
    The 7" rule wouldn't apply here as the machine never measured the board and any way I did allow for the 7" rule. The message came after I told it to stay under the roller.
    George

Quote Originally Posted by henry1 View Post
    had that problem before and what you do is keyboard board side take the side panel out,, with a little screw driver you will see the switch just push on it and should release the switch if not you have to change the switches
    Thanks, henry1. I did push on the switches and it didn't make a difference. Probably a bad switch.
    George

OK. I decided to go ahead and order the Roller Sensor Cable Assembly. It was only $10 but the shipping is $12. MAN!!! That burns my *** to pay more for shipping than the part costs...
    George

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast