Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please load board message

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Please load board message

I keep getting this message after "stay under board option". I have tried different boards. What do you suggest is the problem?
    George

That message to Load Board is due to a roller switch being open. (You would get the same message if the head was not clamped down.)

Listen for the roller switches to "click" as you clamp the head down. One of them is most likely the problem.

Thanks, bergerud. I don't hear any click when I clamp the head so I guess maybe that could be the problem.
    George

I was going to say that Connie. With no board in the machine and the head cranked up, go to 0-7, curser down to rollers. reach in thru the top and pull up on the front roller. Reach from the back for the back roller (I am right handed). You should see the switch close and open. I am quite deaf and even with my powerful hearing aid, I could never hear a micro switch click. If it they don't change, squirt a bunch of air in at the end of the roller by that rubber washer looking thing until it does. Worst case, remove the end cover so you can see the switches and blow the dust out. Unlikely a switch is bad, just needs cleaning or adjusting.
    Clint
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com

OK. I cleaned out the ends of the rollers and took the side off again and cleaned the switches really good. Everything works fine now so I canceled the order. The only problem now is a y-stall about half way through the carve. Oh well. If it isn't one thing it's another.
    Thanks for all the replies. Hope every one has a good week end...
    George

had that problem before and what you do is keyboard board side take the side panel out,, with a little screw driver you will see the switch just push on it and should release the switch if not you have to change the switches
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

Any chance this is a "7 inch rule of wood" issue and the artwork length and the board physical length AND asking to stay under the rollers = load a new longer board??????

Just asking.... sometimes the question can be interpreted in different ways.... Board too short to subtract 7 inches to stay under rollers leaving no room for a pattern.
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 07-21-2017 at 12:16 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalwoodshop View Post
    Any chance this is a "7 inch rule of wood" issue and the artwork length and the board physical length AND asking to stay under the rollers = load a new longer board??????

Just asking.... sometimes the question can be interpreted in different ways.... Board too short to subtract 7 inches to stay under rollers leaving no room for a pattern.
    The 7" rule wouldn't apply here as the machine never measured the board and any way I did allow for the 7" rule. The message came after I told it to stay under the roller.
    George

Quote Originally Posted by henry1 View Post
    had that problem before and what you do is keyboard board side take the side panel out,, with a little screw driver you will see the switch just push on it and should release the switch if not you have to change the switches
    Thanks, henry1. I did push on the switches and it didn't make a difference. Probably a bad switch.
    George

OK. I decided to go ahead and order the Roller Sensor Cable Assembly. It was only $10 but the shipping is $12. MAN!!! That burns my *** to pay more for shipping than the part costs...
    George

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast