Thread: Modifying Purchased Patterns

1. Question Modifying Purchased Patterns

I recently bought a few patterns and am trying to figure out how to modify them a bit. The main one is a sign with a fish jumping that says 'Bucksport Sporting Goods'. I'd like to get rid of, or edit that text into something I can use, but it tells me I can't edit patterns that I haven't created. Makes this one useless if I can't edit the text.

I'd appreciate any help.

Rick Price

Welcome to the forum. Sometimes one can cover up the unwanted text and write over it. Can you post a screen shot of the pattern you want to alter?

You could contact the pattern maker to see if they can give you an edited version to remove the text. Other than that you got what you got. You can not edit a pattern created by someone else.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

There is a pattern in the store of a jumping bass. I don't know why someone would sell a pattern with a specific name attached. If it is a project -.mpc file, you can extract the patterns - .ptn files. Be careful where you get your patterns; there are some unscrupulous people out there.
    Clint
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com

Quote Originally Posted by rick.price View Post
    I recently bought a few patterns and am trying to figure out how to modify them a bit. The main one is a sign with a fish jumping that says 'Bucksport Sporting Goods'. I'd like to get rid of, or edit that text into something I can use, but it tells me I can't edit patterns that I haven't created. Makes this one useless if I can't edit the text.

I'd appreciate any help.

Rick Price
    You would need the Artwork file (.mpw) to edit the pattern file. Most people do not post that file because it is not protected. You can also change the pattern with the Grayscale image. I sell my patterns on CD and DVD's If you send me your e-mail I can send you a sample of my patterns. -send me a "PM" with your e-mail address.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fish 56_vectorized_DISP-.png   Fish 56_vectorized_DISP-cw.PNG   Northern pike-fish-26ib_vectorized_DISP-cw.PNG  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by bjbethke; 07-26-2017 at 10:17 PM.
    Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.

BJB means you need the MPW file to edit the pattern. MPW is the unprotected version of the pattern
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══