Thread: 2017 Conference Results

Default 2017 Conference Results

I haven't seen any updates on what happened at the Conference this year! We usually see a summary, pictures of projects and copies of handouts. Is that still coming? Many of us out of staters look forward to getting this follow up. Hope it can be posted on the forum vs. Facebook.

I agree what happened at the conference this year? Are there any videos that can be shared with those unable to attend this year?
    Thanks in advance....

3. Default

I talked about making patterns using GIMP.

Alan, what was the example you used for the class?

- O

5. Default

I went over how to set up gimp mouse scrolling functions and the tools used to create height maps as well as scripts and plug ins that come in handy and ended up grabbing a couple of images from google images and turning them into height maps.

I've got 3 days off work right now and plan on adding a page to my web site that will contain video and stuff on how to make height maps.

Is my signature with the links still not viewable on the bottom of my posts I wonder?

Alan, thanks. Your signature block is visible.

height maps done with 2d graphics is something I still need to learn. For some reason still more comfortable doing 3d but I have to learn some of the 2d tools I have.

Enjoy your time off.

Oscar

I will be looking for your videos. I have your PDF's from back when printed out. I get 2Ds converted mostly by painting areas (magic wand and paint bucker) in Paint.NET and the Pattern Editor. That even helps in Shadow Map 3.
    Thanks
    Clint
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com

Alan has made many patterns for me and his quality rivals that of what VectorArt3d produces without the very steep prices they charge for a custom pattern to be made. I HIGHLY recommend using Alan's services
    John