Hello all.

Very recently, a member at the Penturners Forum shared a project that he had done, for his mom. He was the owner of a CW machine, and his project consisted of a pen box that he had made, from a free pattern which was obtained from this site. It was 'Cross with Face' pattern, witha double-sided pattern layout.

Now, I'd never done a carving like this, before, but followed what bit of info I could find on it. Methinks, however, that I either did something that I shouldn't have done, or didn't do exactly as I should have done. What I did, was the following:

I placed two files, of the pattern, on my CW card. One, was for the front of the pattern, and the other referenced the backside. I called up the back side, first, and carved it. This was the side with the recessed area which is where the pen would rest. I then pulled up the front pattern side, flipped the board, and proceeded to carve THAT side. But I found, however, that the same carving (as ad been done on the back side) had carved on the front (top).

I am very anxious to make a nice, Christian pen & pen box, for my mom, and this pattern would be perfect. Any info on what might have caused this to go wrong, would be most appreciative.

Advanced thanks.

Blessings,
Nathan