Thread: Z Axix Stall

Default Z Axix Stall

I am getting a Z axis stall after it goes thru the bit check and touches the plate and the board and goes to "start carving". I get a "check cut motor drive" and press enter and then I get the Z axis stall. It was working fine until I took the cover off to install the LED light strip so I suspect that I have pulled a wire loose but I took the cover off again and pushed all the pins back and nothing seemed loose. Any suggestions on what to look for would be greatly appreciated.

I assume you are getting the stall because the cut motor does not start. The right cover switch is the usual culprit. Check that it clicks as you open and close the cover.

Quote Originally Posted by carrothers View Post
    I am getting a Z axis stall after it goes thru the bit check and touches the plate and the board and goes to "start carving". I get a "check cut motor drive" and press enter and then I get the Z axis stall. It was working fine until I took the cover off to install the LED light strip so I suspect that I have pulled a wire loose but I took the cover off again and pushed all the pins back and nothing seemed loose. Any suggestions on what to look for would be greatly appreciated.
    Check the FFC ribbon cable. It's the one that moves with the Y/Z truck. You probably loosened one of the connections and/or damaged it when removing or replacing the cover.
    Steve

With the LED light strip, if you get any board sensor problems not seeing the edge of the board... turn off the LED's then try again. The LED's can light up the area and the board sensor cannot see the dark after moving off the board. My video camera LED's caused this.... I turn on the camera after the carving starts.

And if you do not turn off the power to the machine between projects you likely will not get a check cut motor on the second project. Turn it off then you will get one.

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com