Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: x motor stall

1. Default x motor stall

long to short, keep getting x motor stall. it will start then immediately stop. disassemble machine. removed x motor from the belt feed gears. tested motor. same response. it starts but stop quickly. It has happened in the past and after doing all of the above I put the motor back in and it worked fine for my last carve. today I spent a few hours scratching my head? anyone seen this type of thing?

Are you sure you are reporting the correct axis stall? The X axis is the drive belts that move the board through the machine, Y axis moves the cutting head across the board from key board end to the bit plate end of the machine and the Z axis moves the cutting head up and down.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

3. Default

yes sir the x axis that drives belt feed. checked head pressure. lubed. disassemble and cleaned machine top to bottom. removed x axis motor and it tested fine and turned with no noise.

4. Default

the error message is e04-0293. again motor starts then stops with zero resistance as i do not have any gear installed. when motor is tested outside of machine (different power supply) it spins fine

5. Default

so after letting myself cool down after the aggravation i felt from this machine giving me problems again after barely 100 hours carve time, i turned on machine and preformed a x axis motor test it worked fine. loaded a piece of wood and it gave me the error again. unloade wood and preformed x axis test again and again a E04 0293 error message appears. Any feedback is appreciated

6. Default

I just updated the software for the first time in years a few weeks ago.

Did you check the gears for any missing teeth and that they are aligned with each other?
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

8. Default

The gears are good. Again gears not engaged for testing purposes. Motor works with outside power source. When the machine controls the motor a start and quick stop

I would look at the X drive circuit path then, X termination board.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

Sand Paper Belts? Are any turned UNDER... Hard to see....

Is board tapered in thickness?
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast