Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: x motor stall

1. Default

Replaced x termination board. No difference other than now my cut motor doesn't spin.

2. Default

Bypassed cover switch and cut motor is now operational but still no luck with x stall. New motor and new x termination board. Anyway to run a diagnostic on the controller?

Quote Originally Posted by darth woodilust View Post
    Bypassed cover switch and cut motor is now operational but still no luck with x stall. New motor and new x termination board. Anyway to run a diagnostic on the controller?
    Unless you only bypassed one switch at least you have eliminated one problem. Next, I would remove the right side end panel and inspect the X-axis gears and assembly.

Here is a link to on how to disassemble and replace it. It looks more complicated than it really is.

http://www.carvewright.com/assets/se...drive_gear.pdf
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 08-28-2017 at 12:22 PM.
    Steve

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SteveNelson46 View Post
    Unless you only bypassed one switch at least you have eliminated one problem. Next, I would remove the right side end panel and inspect the X-axis gears and assembly.

Here is a link to on how to disassemble and replace it. It looks more complicated than it really is.

http://www.carvewright.com/assets/se...drive_gear.pdf
    Taken this machine apart inside and out many times. Biomedical engineer for thirteen years. This is pretty basic for me mechanically.
    Already checked gears. All operational with no missing teeth. Motor tested with gear assembly removed. Motor tested with gears install and belts removed. Same problem every time; motor starts for a quick second then stops. Prompting x motor stall error on screen. All of this started after updating software and reformatting card. Can the controller be given a diagnostic test?

Quote Originally Posted by darth woodilust View Post
    Taken this machine apart inside and out many times. Biomedical engineer for thirteen years. This is pretty basic for me mechanically.
    Already checked gears. All operational with no missing teeth. Motor tested with gear assembly removed. Motor tested with gears install and belts removed. Same problem every time; motor starts for a quick second then stops. Prompting x motor stall error on screen. All of this started after updating software and reformatting card. Can the controller be given a diagnostic test?
    To the best of my knowledge, there is no user test that can be done on the controller. I would replace the x-motor and/or the x-termination board first. The controller is over $300.00. I really think you should give LHR a call and talk with their tech support guy. The hurricane hit them directly so they may not be available for awhile.
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 08-29-2017 at 10:08 AM.
    Steve

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SteveNelson46 View Post
    To the best of my knowledge, there is no user test that can be done on the controller. I would replace the x-motor and/or the x-termination board first. The controller is over $300.00. I really think you should give LHR a call and talk with their tech support guy. The hurricane hit them directly so they may not be available for awhile.
    I replaced x termination board Sunday.

I spoke with tech support about this issue when it began several weeks ago. They suggested that the motor needed replacement due to possible encoder issue. Next was the brass wheel encoder, which I didn't understand due to the fact that the wheel doesn't touch the belts during an x axis test in the option menu of the LCD display. Finally, as I noted above, I was given advice to replace the x termination board which I was willing to try for my own suspicion that one of the resistors looked a little suspect. Can't lhr fix this without buying a new one? I guess that's a question for them though

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123