Thread: Gui crashes using arc tool

Default Gui crashes using arc tool

Hello,

I am having trouble with a project in designer. I am trying to draw arcs and lines for a piece I want to make. I have drawn half of what I want centered vertically, and then mirrored it with the last remaining arc to be connected after mirroring. When i try to connect the last arc segment, it allows me to attach it to one side of the pattern, but when I attempt to connect it to the opposite side, the GUI crashes.

I searched the forum and could not find a situation similar to mine. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software, as well as changing compatibility settings to all different versions of windows.

The only thought I have is that I am running Windows 10 on an older PC with an older video card. I have heard about other programs that use Open GL having issues with older video drivers on windows 10, but wanted to see if anyone has had a similar experience.

I will also include the file and maybe someone can verify if it's my hardware or not.

Specs:
    Designer 1.188
    Dell PC , Windows 10 64 bit, 6GB Ram
    ATI Radeon 3600 series video card 512MB video memory
    Attached Files Attached Files

Update:

I was able to complete my project by altering my design method. I believe designer was crashing due to trying to connect an arc from an original set of endpoints to a mirrored set. So, I made an arc that terminated at the horizontal center and drew a line from the right most endpoint down to the horizontal center, giving me a complete half project. Then, using information found on the forum, I copied, pasted and flipped the 2nd completed half section and connected the end points. No crashes!

It was frustrating, but I kept at it and was able to figure out my mistake.