Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Wow! A first

Quote Originally Posted by jaustin View Post
    Could it be not as many people are buying Cartwright's anymore and found other machines to do the same at a lesser value and accessory cost?
    I don't think so, since that doesn't exist. There is no other machine and/or suite of software products that are "cheaper" and equal to everything the CarveWright System can do. Slicer, STL Importer and Sculptor are unique in the industry...Slicer and STL Importer offer the most slicing options and flexibility than anything else I know of that cost less than the CW software products (many wanna-be software copycats even cost more!), and Sculptor can "squish" 3D models and retain detail better than anything else I know of when converting from Full 3D to a 2.5D model for CNC machining. Blender can come close (it's free) but I know of only one person that has figured out how to do it in the last ten years. Sculptor is dead-simple to use and a great value if you do a lot of 3D to 2.5D conversions as well as sculpting (the sculpting tools are superb).

With the build it your self machines start up cost is a lot cheaper. you also probably can find free software to create the same projects that you have to pay for each piece of the software through carvewright.
    The other CNC forums are filled with people who think they can get by "on the cheap". They quickly discover that there is a lot more to it than they first thought. Just yesterday, some poor fellow on one of the forums was asking how to get his design data to his CNC for actual cutting. He didn't realize he needed a control board, control software and a post processor to make his "cheap" CNC do anything useful. That's just one teeny example. He will be spending more $$ before he can even get started being productive.

Example i can use inkscape to create a dxf file that i can load in to cam software and can use it on multiple types of machine. but with carvewright only one machine.
    You can use a DXF file for the CarveWright or any machine you wish, no matter what vector drawing software you use. Not sure I understand what you are trying to say here.

New generation of user prefer using facebook easier to access on the go.
    Yes, and that's unfortunate in many ways. They miss a lot as compared to frequenting a dedicated User Forum for whatever product(s) they need consistent and searchable help for.
    Last edited by mtylerfl; 06-29-2017 at 01:42 PM.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234