Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wow! A first

Default Wow! A first

I think this is the first time that I have seen no new posts in over 24 hours. Is anyone still out there or was there a melt down and I didn't get the memo?
    Steve

I was thinking the same thing, guess everyone went to the conference.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale View Post
    I was thinking the same thing, guess everyone went to the conference.
    There were probably 75 or 80 attendees at the conference out of several thousand users. Maybe everyone is anticipating something new. I have noticed an alarming lack of participation here on the forum in the last few months. I'm not sure why but, to me, it is disappointing. I like to not only share patterns and project but new ideas and techniques and I think that is what makes it all interesting. The Senior Members section is for sharing advanced concepts but there hasn't been any posts there in a long time either. I sure hope this trend doesn't continue.
    Steve

It has been slowing down. This has been a fun group so hope it picks up again.

It takes a certain amount of activity to keep people interested. I guess we have fallen below a critical mass. I sure hope it picks up again as well.

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    It takes a certain amount of activity to keep people interested. I guess we have fallen below a critical mass. I sure hope it picks up again as well.
    I agree Berg interest is not there
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

I think the slowdown is directly related to the amount going on over on the facebook page. I see a lot of the questions asked there are already addressed here, but I think people find it easier to use FB because they are checking there already for other things than to come to a dedicated forum.

Quote Originally Posted by dltccf View Post
    I think the slowdown is directly related to the amount going on over on the facebook page. I see a lot of the questions asked there are already addressed here, but I think people find it easier to use FB because they are checking there already for other things than to come to a dedicated forum.
    Yea--I see the same. And frankly I'm guilty as well as posts there pop up in my news feed and I feel like I've checked in with my CW friends even though I haven't made the trip here.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

George
    Life is short....drink the good wine first!

I believe y'all are right, there is a lot action with questions that could be answered on the forum better.
    I push the forum more on FB.
    My Shop 1044

CarveWright START U Team Member

V - 1.187 and 3.0 too
    With the DC Insert," dust all gone"
    CarveWright Customer Documentation http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/maintenance.htm
    CarveWright Tips and Tricks http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/tips.htm
    www.customcarvingsbyperry.com
    I have often wondered why it is that
    Conservatives are called the "right" and Liberals are called the "left".
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of
    the fool to the left."

I read the forum everyday to try to learn from others. I hope videos of the lectures will be shown on the website. Not everyone can go to the conference but still would like to learn new techniques or just get a refresher course. I would love to learn more about designing but I am at a standstill, the more we can learn the more interest there is and new ideas are shared. I know what I want to do but don't know how to do it. If I could get over this hurdle I could take off. I haven't touched the machine in months because of breakdowns and time but I still faithfully read the forum. Keep the ideas and lessons coming.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast