Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wow! A first

Quote Originally Posted by fwharris View Post
    Some have stated that they were active here but have backed off do to feeling attacked (probably to strong of a word) for their posts/opinions.
    Wow, that's a surprise to me. This is the most civil forum in which I have participated. Too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by DickB View Post
    Wow, that's a surprise to me. This is the most civil forum in which I have participated. Too bad.
    Things have been very calm for a while now.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Quote Originally Posted by fwharris View Post
    Right now there is around 130 people on the forum but only about 3 logged in. Back in 2007 when I started on the forum the number on the forum was probably about the same but easily way more were actually logged in. There was always a good number of guests and as I have talked/chatted with users they have admitted that they use the forum as a resource for information but very seldom post. Some have stated that they were active here but have backed off do to feeling attacked (probably to strong of a word) for their posts/opinions. These things are probably about the same today.

What has changed though IMO is way less machine issues and questions about how to do certain design features. The machine upgrades, software documentation and videos lessened the need of new users to seek out or post on the forum. Also I think the amount of information already posted here has made it easier to bring up like type topics to look at when using the search feature. I think any key word will bring up a minimum of 3 pages of posts.

Just my thoughts....
    I feel that helping others with hardware issues is a job for the Carvewright's support team. I will help if I can but, to me, this forum is about exchanging ideas and design concepts. Well, maybe to show off your finished projects too. I think that too much of it is dedicated to "problems" instead of discussing how a project is made and why a specific technique or tool was used.
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 06-27-2017 at 01:21 PM.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by SteveNelson46 View Post
    I feel that helping others with hardware issues is a job for the Carvewright's support team. I will help if I can but, to me, this forum is about exchanging ideas and design concepts. Well, maybe to show off your finished projects too. I think that too much of it is dedicated to "problems" instead of discussing how a project is made and why a specific technique or tool was used.
    No arguments from me on this.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Well, when your car breaks down you can take it to a dealer or work on it yourself. The dealer and car company are not particularly interested in helping do-it-yourselfers. Forums that cater to your specific make, model, and year of vehicle are a godsend. DIYs helping other DIYs. A fine thing in my book.
    Last edited by DickB; 06-28-2017 at 07:28 AM.

I have to agree that FB may be part of the problem why members don't check in here like they used to. But I myself am really tired of how FB has been working (loading pages and ads) and all the other BS that others post about their opinions and political outlooks. For me, I'd rather fire up the computer and head over here to read what other members have to say and show or how to do things only related to our hobby. I hope it picks up again.
    CarverJerry

ver. 1.188 Win 7- 64b with 6 GB ram @ 2.8Ghz and dual 1Tb hard drives. Rock Chuck & Ringneck vacuum system hooked up to a Harbor Freight large vacuum. Center line text, conforming vectors.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveNelson46 View Post
    I realise there is a lot of time devoted to helping users 'find & fix" problems. What does the time spent on the forum cost us as users?? Thanks be to the users that really understand the inner workings of the carver and are willing to share their expertise at no cost to others.
    Look at it from a different perspective. If all those users who don't understand the technology were forced to call LHR and pay for the support given here, how many users would we lose?? The beauty of this forum is that people are willing to share both their abilities in the hardware of the carver and the designer side of the shop. AND at no charge to the needy/inexperienced user.
    Add in that the manufacturer is 'willing/smart enough' to provide us with the forum to help us figure things out I think we're doing OK.
    Off my soap box, I want to thank all of you who understand the carver hardware and those who can create patterns using various software for your sharing attitude.

Thanks to all,
    Rick H

I appreciate the forum for what it is. I have never had a question go unanswered. The knowledge here is amazing and the willingness of the members to walk you through repairs and design questions is super. I may not write much but I do check in and follow posts daily. I also like the facebook page, Larry is doing a great job with it, I really think both can complement each other, I will and do direct people to the forum for answers to most questions as the forum is much easier to search topics.

I'd be lost without the forum. Not only for the help when needed but for the sharing and the fellowship that has always been part of the forum. I'm here most nights. I might not be posting but I'm interested in what all the rest of you are sharing. We all know we can't please everyone.

Could it be not as many people are buying Cartwright's anymore and found other machines to do the same at a lesser value and accessory cost?

With the build it your self machines start up cost is a lot cheaper. you also probably can find free software to create the same projects that you have to pay for each piece of the software through carvewright.

Example i can use inkscape to create a dxf file that i can load in to cam software and can use it on multiple types of machine. but with carvewright only one machine.

New generation of user prefer using facebook easier to access on the go.
    John

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast