Thread: Find Duplicate Dimensional Vertex

Default Find Duplicate Dimensional Vertex

Hi Folks,
    I have run into problem I have not encountered before. I created a new project using the DFX filter containing a number of vector shapes exported from Adobe Illustrator. Initially all went well. However, when I reopened the project I got a warning that there were a number of duplicate dimensional vertex"s. I understand what a vertex is and why it would be bad mojoe to have two on top of each other but, how do you find them? The warning gives you a list of what I believe are coordinates (19, 8.74) but, no reference to where you measure from.

Thank you for your willingness to assist those of us with lesser knowledge.

Scott

What I do is write down the coordinates and then, using the coordinates, go find each duplicate. As you move the mouse around, the x,y,z are displayed in the lower left corner of the screen. When you think you have found one, drag it to see what is underneath. Then either undo or delete.

Awesome! Absolutely what I needed. Odd thing is, I have used this software for years and never noticed that lower left corner with the x,y,z info.

Thank you for the quick responce!

4. Default

Wonderful help! This has been bugging me, and now I understand and could fix. Thank you!