Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Capt Bruce is back at the ship's wheel

Red face Capt Bruce is back at the ship's wheel

This seems like an appropriate place to say I'M BACK after quite a long absence and staring over again just like a Newbie. Same old Bruce, same points of contact, been through cancer and a heart attack and I'm a survivor of both so happy to be here among friends. Just to complicate life a bit more after all that my trusty Compaq laptop gave up the ghost after Windows 10 upgrade. Everything on the hard disk, and I mean all of the last 16 years of writing, drawing, genealogy and most of my photos & purchased patterns went off into the vapor with no decent backup.

As I start rebuilding this new PC I suppose this is a great opportunity to be rid of all the outdated programs and to better organize the data I will keep (and copy) this time because another loss like that could treat me to another heart attack.

I look forward to seeing what everyone is carving and will enjoy "talking" with all of you here on the Forum.

Fair winds All,
    Bruce
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce
    Kinney deSigns http://kinneydesigns.us
    CarveWright START U Team Member.

30 year USN SEABEE, the original Weapons of Mass Construction.
    Designer Ver 1.187 and 2.007, Ver.3.001 One 2009 B CW w ROCK and a 5th Year Anniversary C CW
    Rotary Jig, 2D and 3D, Tracing Probe, DFX and STL Importers

Well for sure welcome back you not so new newbie! Glad to know you have survived those set backs. Let me know if I can be of any assistance in getting your CarveWright life back in order.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Oh, my!! Good to have you back Captain!! Glad you beat that nasty stuff.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

I have often wondered what happened to you. Welcome back, glad you are OK. Looking forward to seeing your work again!

Why thank you Connie,
    It's been a bit of an uphill fight with literally one medical or computer setback after another but I've made it through. We'll review all that over a few beers some night.

I spoke to one of your colleagues (Allen?) this morning and he was going to send me an email on recovering all my software to rebuild my computer and get back to carving. No sign of it yet but after all it took me since 2007 the first time so slow but steady recovery is my plan..

Fair winds,

Bruce
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce

Designer Ver 1.187 and 2.007, Ver.3.001 One 2009 B CW w ROCK and a 5th Year Anniversary C CW

Thank you Dale and very happy to be back. Lots to catch up on and a lot of files to be redrawn before I will be carving much. I appreciate your good thoughts.
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Bruce View Post
    Why thank you Connie,
    It's been a bit of an uphill fight with literally one medical or computer setback after another but I've made it through. We'll review all that over a few beers some night.

I spoke to one of your colleagues (Allen?) this morning and he was going to send me an email on recovering all my software to rebuild my computer and get back to carving. No sign of it yet but after all it took me since 2007 the first time so slow but steady recovery is my plan..

Fair winds,

Bruce
    Sounds good!

We don't have an Allen. Angel or Chris maybe? I will send it to you. I assume your email address is the same?
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

I remember you well! So nice to see you are back!! Looking forward to having you active on the Forum again! Best wishes for a return to good health and carving!

Nice to see you back, Capt. We kept the ship spruced up for you while you were gone.
    Steve

Welcome back Capt.! Fight it all the way. Been 15 years since my heart attack/5 bypasses, a few years since some strokes. Ain't gonna get me got too much carving ta get done. Can't wait till we see some of your new project pictures on the forum. Besides, you are too young Keep the wood chips a flying!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast