Thread: JUNE 2017 Project of the Month - The Tableware Tote!

Default JUNE 2017 Project of the Month - The Tableware Tote!

Hello,

This Tableware Tote project will come in mighty handy for those informal mealtime gatherings with friends and family!

The design features a shelf with four holes to hold stacks of cups - three of which can be used as dispensers for knives, forks and spoons, as well. Another nice feature is the integrated “fence” to hold paper napkins for your guests, too.

The project uses just the 1/8" Cutting Bit. No other bits are required.

The dimensions are about 15" W x 8.5" D x 9.75" T, including the carrying handle (5.75" T to top shelf).

Main Items you will need:

1) The Project Files (included):

• 1-Tableware_Tote_TOP.mpc
    • 2-Tableware_Tote_BASE.mpc

2) Boards with the following dimensions:

TOP: 0.75" x 11" x 23"
    BASE: 0.75" x 11" x 26"

NOTE: Do not use boards that are smaller than specified above unless using an appropriate jig. Larger boards are fine.

3) One 0.125" dia. x 1", one 0.625"dia.x 9.25", five 0.25" dia. x 4" wood dowels

4) 1" diameter round wooden ball knob

5) A Dremel-type rotary tool with assorted sanding wheels and bits to sand small details. A spindle sander and small belt sander is also recommended to speed up preparation for finishing.

Apply your choice of finish. I left the wood natural and applied several coats of clear Krylon spray overall to the sample Tableware Tote made from Select Pine. I sanded between coats with 400-grit wet/dry sandpaper to yield a smooth finish.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails machining550x413.png   assembly550x413.png   apply-clearcoats550x413.png   Tableware_Caddy_empty550x460.png  

Tableware_Caddy_filled550x460.png   Tableware_Tote_430x430.png  
    Last edited by mtylerfl; 06-09-2017 at 11:39 AM.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Great idea!! Very attractive design and certainly useful with the out door cooking season! Thanks Michael!

Yea it's a great idea but today is the 13th...Where is the project? How long before I get it..........

Quote Originally Posted by BobC33 View Post
    Yea it's a great idea but today is the 13th...Where is the project? How long before I get it..........
    I don't know. I thought the files would be available yesterday at the latest. I'll check on it tomorrow for you.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

I contacted CarveWright. They thought it had already been processed for distribution, but upon double checking, it had not. They are now working on it today.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!