Thread: Stall Sign

Default Stall Sign

I purchased Steve Nelson's project for the wedding plaque, but had a different idea for its use. My wife is an equestrian and she really loved the design, but more for a stall sign for her pride and joy. This is what I came up with. Fun carve and my bride really likes how it came out. It will soon be in its place on Magnum's stall.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stall Sign.JPG 
Views:	74 
Size:	51.6 KB 
ID:	84263
    John
    www.jdmwoodworks.com
    Facebook Page: click FB button on web page

Bessemer, MI (shop location)
    Lake Gogebic, MI (where I hang my hat)

"He who wants by the yard, but gives by the inch, should be kicked by the foot"...

2. Default

Is the Wedding Plaque on CW store. I need it just like it is with the horse theme.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

I believe Steve was going to put it there...
    John
    www.jdmwoodworks.com

"He who wants by the yard, but gives by the inch, should be kicked by the foot"...

The heart with horseshoe is now in the Pattern Depot. Included in the collection is an alternate pattern that has the bottom part of the nail recesses trimmed off to allow for text on the bottom portion of the horseshoe.

http://store.carvewright.com/product...52&cat=&page=3
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Heart With Horseshoe1.png   Heart With Horseshoe2.png  
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 06-03-2017 at 02:14 PM.
    Steve

That is going to be a very high class stall with designer plaques beautifying the decor.

Nicely done.

- O

Really a beautiful design, with family members in the horse world I'm sure anyone would love this.
    Rick. H

7. Default

I bought the horseshoe hearts 1 and 2, both appear solid in the board, what would i do to get it to cut out. Why 2 different versions, i dont recognize a difference, but i am not all that observant.

8. Default

Oops I see the difference in 1 and 2, just needed to read closer.

Quote Originally Posted by edsingletary View Post
    I bought the horseshoe hearts 1 and 2, both appear solid in the board, what would i do to get it to cut out. Why 2 different versions, i dont recognize a difference, but i am not all that observant.

The patterns will be easier to sand and finish if they are done as "pierced". The cutout tool will work but it will more difficult to sand off the tab nubs on the inside cuts. Also, the 1/16" cutting bit gets into the small crevasses better than the 1/8" cutting bit. I usually use the "Outline Patterns" tool and then use the "Offset Path" tool on the resulting path to create a .25" space around the pattern for the pierced carve region. Of course, one could just draw it using the line tools if you don't have the "Offset Path" tool.
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 06-04-2017 at 05:52 PM.
    Steve

The Horseshoe heart carved just fine. I like the pierced function very much. Steve is right that it does clean up easier than a cut out option.
    John
    www.jdmwoodworks.com