Thread: Directions on Stitching for a large sign, help

Default Directions on Stitching for a large sign, help

Hi guys/gals
    Hope everyone is enjoying Memorial Weekend, don't forget to give thanks! My question is (and I know this has been asked before) large sign need to stitch together a couple of 1X10". Can you point me to the right direction, I am sure this subject has been brought up!

On the Carvewright web site go to the Support section then Tips and Tricks and look at: My Big Sign Using The Tiling Technique – ISSUE 22 July 2009 .

Thank you Dale, let me ask you without buying Corel what other drawing software to import can I use? I do have Photoshop, Sketch Up.

Michael only used Corel for his design work. I am sure Photoshop, Sketch Up are fine depending on what technique you are using. Michael used EPS (Encapsulated Postscript Vector graphics) format for his design. You can use any variety of different formats depending on the add-ons you have. For example, with sketch up I am assuming it has the capability to exporting to STL, so you would need the STL importer or CW Pattern Sculptor to import into Designer.

I use Corel products personally and they are finally starting to catch up to Photoshop products. Still not quite as good but at fraction of the Illustrator family prices, it is a bargain. I use Blender 3d for my 3d modeling and with the STL importer I get good results, limited by my poor skills of course.

It will come down to which software packages you are familiar with and comfortable using. Even Designer basic can create master pieces if you master the software.

Good luck.

- Oscar

Here is a quick example using only Blender (I could have used Corel but I am now more familiar with Blender).

Use all of Michael's suggestions on alignment and board support and it should be an easy project.

Share your results when complete so we can wow at it.

- O
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Blender Sushi sign.png   CW Sushi and shotguns sign.png   CW Sushi and shotgun bottom.png   CW Sushi and shotgun top.png  

Thank you Oscar, I am working with Corel as we speak/write