Thread: Odd behavior y axis stall

Default Odd behavior y axis stall

I have been seeing a very odd behavior from my machine the last couple of weeks and it seems like it has been ever since the new software release, but I can't be sure whether it is just coincidence or not.

When I start a project it will go through the normal measuring behavior until after loading the bit. It asks to load the bit as normal, but then after you do so and press the button it just slides over against the left side of the machine and stops then reports y axis stall. I doesn't do it every time, but it is now doing it regularly. Anyone else seen this type of behavior?

I have reformatted the card, cleaned everything in the machine, all the usual and none of it seems to help.

Thanks,
    dave

Try doing the Y axis test to see if it does it then. It could be a loose Y belt (clamp on the back of the Y/Z truck), missing teeth on the belt or bad gears in the Y gear box.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

If it stalls into the left side after the thwacking at the bit plate, it is probably because the belt slipped while thwacking at the bit plate. I would first go though the belt re-tighten procedure and see if that fixes it.

no, not while whacking at the bit plate, instead of going over and whacking it, it goes the other way towards the control console side and whacks it then reports the error.

Well, I think that means the controller is not getting accurate y position data. Loose encoder disk or one of Floyd's suggestions.

I think the bit is changed then the bit goes over to the bit plate and you hear a few pops or clicks. This is the Y gear box slipping a few teeth due to a worn 685ZZ Bearing Set and Possibly even the 5 mm shaft on the big gear. So NOW when the head returns to the LEFT Side or Keypad Side of the machine, the few CLICKS of the SERVO MOTOR SHAFT has the Servo Motor out of sync with the actual head... Remember the Click, Click, Click... SO now when the Y goes LEFT it SMASHES into the LEFT FRAME before it expects it... Hence the ERROR....

We have seen this Smacking into the left side too... When the "Y" gets out of sync during a pattern cut with a dull bit and bad Y Gearbox and you see the project COMPLETE with NO ERROR up until the carving is done and the "Y" goes Home and SMACKS into the left frame before it expects it... Than you get a "Y" STALL or Rail dirty or some position ERROR...

SO replace the two 685ZZ Bearings..... My most posted pictures....

Today I got from China some 3 inch long 5 MM Shafts, took over a month.... My plan us to try to replace the worn shafts on some of the "Y" Gears I have using 5 mm locking rings....

Busy now but will post pictures when done IF it works...

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC01478_WEB.jpg   DSC00488_WEB.jpg   DSC09643_WEB.jpg   DSC09644_WEB.jpg  

Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com