Thread: Decorating with text

Default Decorating with text

When using Decorating with Text within a carved region can I use the 60 degree bit for the text? I had Center line text and the 60 degree bit selected and everything appeared normal in Designer but when the machine was going through all of the bits required I noticed that it did not ask for the 60 degree bit. I went ahead and did the carving and the text was all done with only the carving bit. I went back to designer and made sure I had the 60 degree bit selected, uploaded the design again and once again the machine did not ask for the 60 degree bit. Is this normal?

Good question.... Post what version of Designer you are using for the experts to give a better response... I still use the basic and don't have the knowledge to answer.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

I am using Designer Pro and have Centerline text and Conforming vectors.

I just tried it with Designer 3, centerline, conforming in a carve region and the first bit it asked for was the V bit. All I can say is recheck your mpc. It does not seem like a bug to me.

I went back to my mpc deleted the text then re-entered it as centerline and checked the conform box. Then checked to see what bit was selected. It showed the 90 degree bit so left it there. Saved the file went out to the machine and again it did not ask for the v bit.
    I then did an experiment with just a simple carved region and the decorate with text. This time the v bit was first thing asked for so it must be something with my design. I will keep looking.

Thanks for your help

Back in 2007 I had a similar problem... The machine was asking for the carving bit and the V60.... It was only V60 text project... Posted here for help... and posted the project... Someone looked on the BACK of the board and I had a Carve Region for a clock to fit into and some V text... I had recycled the designer project and forgot it had a back... It cuts the back first... I even missed the LCD prompt.. BACK OF BOARD....

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dale View Post
    so it must be something with my design. I will keep looking.
    If you post the original mpc, I could give a try.

I was playing with the arc text questions and came up with some good questions myself.
    the first arc defaulted to .25 , what is this depth far, when I chose the 60 deg "V" bit it doesn't seem to have effect on it.
    I change the top arc to .125 and when I selected the 60 deg V bit again, it seems to no effect, also I notice what looked like feathering
    on the edge of the text, yet I cannot remove it
    any ideas?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails test text on a arc.jpg  
    My Shop 1044

CarveWright START U Team Member

V - 1.187 and 3.0 too
    With the DC Insert," dust all gone"
    CarveWright Customer Documentation http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/maintenance.htm
    CarveWright Tips and Tricks http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/tips.htm
    www.customcarvingsbyperry.com
    I have often wondered why it is that
    Conservatives are called the "right" and Liberals are called the "left".
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of
    the fool to the left."

Your "feather" it the bit profile cutting into the edge of the pocket. Not really feather.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Quote Originally Posted by myshop1044 View Post
    what is this depth for, when I chose the 60 deg "V" bit it doesn't seem to have effect on it.
    I change the top arc to .125 and when I selected the 60 deg V bit again, it seems to no effect
    It is centerline text and so, the depths are predetermined by the software. The depth edit box should be blank (greyed out) when you use centerline with decorate text as it is with normal centerline text. This must just be a small programming oversight.