Thread: EUCHER game score keeper

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default EUCHER game score keeper

SPOILER ALERT - I KNOW EUCHER IS SPELLED INCORRECTLY
    I carved this Euchre case in April 2014. Then had emergency heart valve replacement, then joint replacement, finalized with a pacemaker but now getting back to wood working and CNC. The files for this were given to me and are open source so to speak. I was told I could use it for personal and commercial use PLUS share with it with whomever I want. Back then a lot more sharing of files was going on. This was done in early 2014 so the basic Designer, which all of you have, should allow to modify and carve.
    I am attaching pics of my carve. Still a little polishing up to do with the painting but decided to share now.
    Euchre was spelled wrong but not only did I not catch but all of those who looked at it before sanding did not catch it either. Grandkids loved it though and said it would be unique. You should be able to change that easily.
    A couple of changes to consider: I was very new to Carvewright back then and did not add hinge mortises to the design. So my hinges are external. You might consider adding the mortise to your design. I also used an external clasp which I like because it is both very secure and very easy to open for both kids and seniors. However, some of you might want to carve out spaced for magnets.
    The top is a TWO-SIDED carve; the bottom a singe-sided carve. As noted I did not make the original design - say a prayer-thank you for the Carvaholic who shared the files.
    Joe
    Note: Not shown in the pictures are the 4 cribbage board pegs and deck of cards that I gave with the case.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Eucher Board Top.JPG   Eucher Board Inside.JPG  
    Attached Files Attached Files