Thread: sled trouble

Default sled trouble

I have built a sled to complete a project for a ship association I belong to (U S S Oklahoma City CLG-5). Need to complete this by the end of September. I am trying to a plaque for each member (60 +). I have already made a few mock-ups, but they were done on standard 1 x 4 x (something) long enough to use in the machine. Now I have many 5" and 6" pieces I need to run through on the sled, but I can't figure how to make the machine recognize the top left hand corner of each piece as the starting point. I have read and re-read the instructions from CarveWright, but am still confused. I could use a little direction here from some of the members who have already gone through working with a sled, and using different length pieces to accomplish what they want to do.
    thank you

I am not sure of exactly what you want to do. If the machine is measuring the sled, it will not know where the corner of the piece is. It will only know where the corner of the sled is.

There are many ways to set up projects in Designer and sleds in the machine. We could give better advice if you could post some pictures of your set up and what you want to do.

When I do projects I use Place on end or Place on corner if the board is wider than the designer board. Then the machine places the project on the keypad corner.

I saw the U S S Oklahoma City CLG-5 in Yokosuka Japan in 1977 when I was on the USS Knox FF-1052. My job was Fire Control, Radars and Computers aiming the Guns and Missiles. One morning the Chief took us on a field trip to the next pier to watch the Talos Missiles do a workout on the launcher. Impressive.

http://www.okieboat.com/Talos.html

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

The sled I built is exactly the same width as all the pieces I want to do.....4 inches....The problem I'm having is how to instruct the Carvewright to find the top left corner of the piece I'm working on....some of these pieces are of different lengths, so I made the right side of the sled adjustable.....I don't know if this makes any difference.

You could include the rear of the sled as part of the project board in Designer. Designer considers the whole board in Designer as the project. If you now choose place on corner (or place on end) the machine will do what I think you want it to.

(There are other ways to do what you want like jogging to the corner.)