Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Will pay to have a object scanned

I had to make it into a pattern since you do not have the 3D add on. You would only be able to play with it in demo mode and not be able to carve it.

I suggest you carve one out of MDF just to test the idea see how close the pattern is.

I made a "dyslexic" mistake in the pattern. Here are both files.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Here is a better way to make the mold. Use cutting bits instead of a carving bit. The cuts will be smoother, faster, more accurate, and more easily tweakable by you. It uses the 1/8" cutting bit and the 1/4" ballnose.

The 1/4" ballnose is just a standard router bit. The mpc was drawn with a 1/16" (use 1/16 not a decimal) snap grid. Sizes can be tweaked using bit insets.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hoop Frame machine.PNG  

Sorry its been so long since a reply I had to replace the z-motor and busy with kids sports. I need to tweek the radisus of the corners and the arch. The corners need to be 0.875 and the inside of the arch needs to be 2.75. It will not le me make the adjustments. and it also says that I am using sweep surface in demo mode. Will I still be able to make the carve?

Look at the mpc I posted last. You can edit it. It uses the 1/8" cutting bit and a 1/4" round nose bit. (No carving bit.)

It will not let me make the adjustments save or upload and it also says that I am using sweep surface in demo mode is there any way to turn it off. Its the inside and outside lines that are using the sweep feature

Sorry, just clear the sweep. Double click on the outline and clear all - click ok.

I have it close but I am having trouble getting the arches to line up. I have attached a pattern this is the arch that I have to match, this will be the inner most arch. I can not get the other two (center using the 1/4 inch ball nose and the outter most) to match this arch and get the spacing from your Hoop and Frame mpc to match up. Could you please help

Here is my attempt. I tweaked your original curve to make it symmetric and then used path offset (2D advanced tool) to generate the other curves.

The frame appears to be open at the bottom and the cross member is attached with screws and then plugged.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Frame.png  
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 08-05-2017 at 02:35 PM.
    Steve

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast