Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will pay to have a object scanned

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Will pay to have a object scanned

Is anyone willing to scan the object shown in the pic for me. I need to have an object scanned so that i could make a copy of it and I don't have the scanning probe.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170426_190102.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	4.18 MB 
ID:	84052

That looks easy enough to make in Designer. It would be smoother than a scan. Post another pic more form the side and I will give it a go.

Here is an example of what Designer can do. (What is it anyway?)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hoop Frame.PNG  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by bergerud; 04-27-2017 at 12:26 AM.

That looks great my concern is that they want to make a mold to reproduce the piece and I need to get the dimensions quite accurate. I wasn't sure about the radi of the corners, and the flats on the inside and outside are different dimensions the half round is a 1/4" round over. Its a type of gasket. I will need the whole figure but only half of the depth since I need to make 2 mirror carves. I will post a picture when I get home from work. Thank you

4. Default

Seems like the long way around the barn to me. If you want to make a mold and you have the piece to reproduce you don't need a Carvewright. You just need some mold making materials. Cast a mold of the original. Maybe I am missing something.

Sorry its been so long since a reply I had to replace the z-motor and busy with kids sports. I need to tweek the radisus of the corners and the arch. The corners need to be 0.875 and the inside of the arch needs to be 2.75. It will not le me make the adjustments. and it also says that I am using sweep surface in demo mode. Will I still be able to make the carve?

Or, the CW could be used to directly make the mold.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hoop Frame mold.PNG  

That is exactly what I'm trying to do but I suck with designer and thought it would be easier to scan. I am attaching a schetch if you would like to try it. On the depths it would only need to be half of course because I will carve two mirror halves.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img002.jpg  

It will not let me make the adjustments save or upload and it also says that I am using sweep surface in demo mode is there any way to turn it off. Its the inside and outside lines that are using the sweep feature

What version of Designer do you have? 3D add on?

I only have 1.187 no on the 3D. Been meaning to upgrade just haven't had the reason but if I need to I will

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast