Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will pay to have a object scanned

Default Will pay to have a object scanned

Is anyone willing to scan the object shown in the pic for me. I need to have an object scanned so that i could make a copy of it and I don't have the scanning probe.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170426_190102.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	4.18 MB 
ID:	84052

That looks easy enough to make in Designer. It would be smoother than a scan. Post another pic more form the side and I will give it a go.

Here is an example of what Designer can do. (What is it anyway?)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hoop Frame.PNG  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by bergerud; 04-27-2017 at 12:26 AM.

That looks great my concern is that they want to make a mold to reproduce the piece and I need to get the dimensions quite accurate. I wasn't sure about the radi of the corners, and the flats on the inside and outside are different dimensions the half round is a 1/4" round over. Its a type of gasket. I will need the whole figure but only half of the depth since I need to make 2 mirror carves. I will post a picture when I get home from work. Thank you

4. Default

Seems like the long way around the barn to me. If you want to make a mold and you have the piece to reproduce you don't need a Carvewright. You just need some mold making materials. Cast a mold of the original. Maybe I am missing something.

Or, the CW could be used to directly make the mold.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hoop Frame mold.PNG  

That is exactly what I'm trying to do but I suck with designer and thought it would be easier to scan. I am attaching a schetch if you would like to try it. On the depths it would only need to be half of course because I will carve two mirror halves.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img002.jpg  

What version of Designer do you have? 3D add on?

I only have 1.187 no on the 3D. Been meaning to upgrade just haven't had the reason but if I need to I will

I used Designer 3 with the sweep to make the pattern and then made a 1.188 mpc. The arch at the top is just a guess. See what you think. It can all be tweaked as I am sure it will need to be.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I can't thank you enough for doing this for me it saved me more time than you could imagine. I can't tweek the figure when I click on it all I get is the rectangular outline of the entire figure. Any Idea why

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast