Thread: Coin Caddy project help

Default Coin Caddy project help

Good Evening all,

I purchased the coin caddy project and carved it once and everything seemed to come out okay. Before assembling, I notice something that didn't seem quite right. The machine plunged into the base section directly behind, and in front of the "V trough" that the main section is glued to. I checked the project in designer and it shows it exactly as it carved it so I know the machine is fine. Looking at the pdf file that came with the project, those deep plunge grooves are not shown in the pictures.

Has anyone else had a problem with it or is there something that is making my designer program alter the project somehow? I am using designer 1.187 build 10870. I have deleted the project and re-extracted it from my download folder to be sure I didn't alter it somehow.

Thanks in advance,

Tim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cc1.jpg   cc2.jpg  

Lets hope Michael sees this and has the solution. I loaded it up in designer and I see the same thing. It might be an issue with being designed in an earlier version of designer.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

I believe I just fixed it. I set the bit optimization to "Best" on the V-trough, and it appears to be resolved. I guess I should have done more troubleshooting before posting!

Great catch!
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

I believe this due to the addition of automatic floor feather which was added to the last version of Designer 1 and cannot be shut off. If you opened the mpc in an ealter version of Designer I don't think that you would see this. Bit Optimization is a work-around that happens to work.

The auto floor feather jumps into play when you resize a pattern in basic Designer. It actually adds a boundary of floored pixels around the pattern.

In the mpc, just change the size of one of the patterns and observe the result. (One has to turn off the feather and use bit optimization best work around this "feature".)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Floor Feather Failure.PNG  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi Tim,

Sorry I'm late to the party! (and I'm very sorry you had the problem to begin with)

Yes, everyone is exactly correct about the cause and the fix for the problem. I have known about this issue since last year and I notified CarveWright about it then. It's the automatic Floor Feather - I would prefer to have an on/off switch for that in the Basic software version, just like we have in the Pro version of the software. I would like to see it "Off" by default with the option to turn it "On" when/if required.

However, I should have set the Bit Optimization to BEST to begin with before I uploaded the files to CarveWright so many years ago. Either I just missed it, or I didn't know any better at the time.

I want to thank everyone for stepping forward to help Tim with this. Kudos to you all!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Thank you all for your replies. I'm glad it's an easy fix. With a couple wedged shaped pieces glued in, i'm sure it'll still look great on my desk.

Tim