Thread: Editable Aviator Wings

Question Editable Aviator Wings

Anyone have an editable version of the Navy Aviator Wings that I can take the center anchor and shield out of, and replace with a different symbol?

Looking to make a set of wings for the Coast Guard Auxiliary. The wings themselves are the same, but I need to replace the anchor and shield with the USCG Aux Logo.

Is the Navy Aviator Wing pattern from the CarveWright Pattern Store editable? I downloaded the trial pattern, but it is not editable...didn't know if that was because it was a demo; or if it is, in fact, not editable in the way I described above.

Thanks for any assistance anyone can provide to a newbie!

patterns, unless you created them, are not editable. You can sometimes mask portions of an existing pattern to not show a part or parts of the pattern to get a different look. and sorry no aviation wings in my library.

- O

3. Default

Even if you buy a pattern from the pattern depot it's not editable.

Thanks for the info guys. Playing around with clip carving...still trying to get it right.

New to the software (still using demo mode) while I wait for my CW to be delivered (just ordered today).

The Vectric Design and Make website (https://store.designandmake.com/shop/product/14706) has this one and a few others. You can download it as an .stl and import it as a pattern into the designer. Then you will be able to edit it. Of course, you will need the STL importer. Since you are a new user this is probably a bit overwhelming. Send me a PM with your email address and maybe I can help.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2017-04-24_15-59-01.png  
    Steve

6. Default

I'm going to add this one to the depot tonight. It might be listed by the end of the week.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CoastGuard.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	36.2 KB 
ID:	84039
    I make custom stl files too.

Alan. good looking pattern.

- O

Are you looking for something like this? Each wing is a separate pattern.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wings.png  
    Steve

Yep, that's exactly what I'm looking for...but in Coast Guard/Navy style wings (those appear to be USAF-style wings).

Need something like this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	24 
Size:	42.0 KB 
ID:	84043