Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carve Tite questions

Default Carve Tite questions

Well, not just carve tite, but the old bits as well.

I have one of the first machines and bits/Probe with the QC adapters. I realize the adapters will not work with the new systems and said adapters can be removed from old bits. I see the same bits I have are still being sold without the QC adapters, how do these bits work with the new system?

The reason I'm asking is because I have the bits and probe, which were not cheap. My machine has issues and I need to fix it. If I will have to buy new bits and probe for it I'd like to know before jumping into it again.

Sorry if this has been covered, I've spent a while searching the forum and haven't found the specific answers I'll looking for.

I am not sure of what you are asking. You can use your old bits with CT adapters. See: https://forum.carvewright.com/showth...273#post217273

You can also put a CT adapter on your probe.

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    I am not sure of what you are asking. You can use your old bits with CT adapters. See: https://forum.carvewright.com/showth...273#post217273

You can also put a CT adapter on your probe.
    Thanks for the reply. I was just asking if I upgraded my machine (no idea whats wrong with it yet) if I would have to buy all new bits and probe. I found those answers staring me in the face in the FAQ's.

Looking at your link answered another question about new bits being used witht he old machines.

If you post your problems that you are having with your machine I'm sure someone here will be able to help you resolve the issue.
    CarverJerry

ver. 1.188 Win 7- 64b with 6 GB ram @ 2.8Ghz and dual 1Tb hard drives. Rock Chuck & Ringneck vacuum system hooked up to a Harbor Freight large vacuum. Center line text, conforming vectors.

The problems I'm having with it is it doesn't respond to anything. It powers on and I can position the board or sled, but it doesn't recognize the probe and will not start a project.

That last time I used it, and it has been a good while, it asked for the carving bit, but started a cut instead. The result was a broken bit. When I select a project from the menu and try to start it is just sit there.

While I've had it for a while, bought new from Sears if that dates it a little better, it probably doesn't have more 5 or 6 hours run time on it.

The first step, I think, would be to download the latest software version, (1.18, and reformat-reflash the card. Then try a simple project.

I agree, the download and reflash the card is first on the list.

The load bit thing happens when the bit misses the bit plate. The bit plate failure to come out far enough is 9 times out of 10 that the "Y" truck is hitting the Right side clear cover, cut motor switch WIRES... The wires need to be tucked into the far right corner or they cause the truck to hit the wires before letting the "Y" activate the bit plate.

If you have a "A" Series serial number then watch the LCD Display. The L2 coil on the power supply was known to snap and cause power failures.

Also if a "A" Series it might still have the old 18 pin flat FFC Cable that was problematic. A 14 pin A907 Kit has the cable and the 2 end circuit boards. Don't mix the 14 and 18 pin or you will short out the computer. The easiest way to tell if you have a newer 14 pin is to see if the card in picture 4 has WINGS...

Picture 1, I call it a 16 pin.. it''s a 18 pin.... Disregard the upgrade, that was 2007...

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC06680_WEB.jpg   DSC06659a_WEB.jpg   DSC06659_WEB.jpg   DSC06693_WEB.jpg  

DSC03700_WEB.jpg   DSC03710_WEB.jpg   DSC03713_WEB.jpg   DSC03707_WEB.jpg  

Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 04-18-2017 at 12:35 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Thanks for the info, guys. I'll give it a go, but I need to find a replacement bit. I bought one a while back, but it was the new CT type and won't fit my machine.

Any way to make them play together?

9. Default

You can heat up the CT adapter with a small propane torch and then the bit will either drop out or you can pull it out with pliers or vice grips. Be careful not to drop the bit on the floor because it will break because its carbide. You can buy bits without adapters on ebay and them install them in the old adapters. When removing the set screws on the old adapters they have red locktite and you need to heat those up also then they will loosen. If you try to remove them without heating there is a good chance you will strip them.

You mentioned a Probe Problem.... With the 18 pin FFC Cable the probe plugs into the Z Truck. Once the A907 Kit is installed, the 14 pin FFC Cable, the Probe plugs into the INSIDE area of the machine behind the keypad. You need a adapter cable to plug into what looks like a servo 3rd axis jack... (Stiring the pot....) That is now used for the probe.

IF you had the A907 and plugged into the Truck.... The machine would not see it..

In the options menu you will find a selection to change the probe data from the Truck to the Case. Not sure what word they use for case.

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC06806_WEB.jpg   DSC06808_WEB.jpg  
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast