Thread: Z truck not lowering bit to board during the pattern - Help, please!

Default Z truck not lowering bit to board during the pattern - Help, please!

Mr. F.W. Harris found the fix! Reformatting the card and reloading the file worked. THANK-YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP.

Hey! I love my carvewright. I have an older machine - rev B. Have been trying to troubleshoot a problem and I am stuck. I tried searching troubleshooting and the forum but I do not find this problem. The bit turns but does not descend to carve the pattern. The z truck moves easily up and down and can be lowered by hand to the lowest position. It does not hit the strike plate or the board when finding the bit or finding the board. It does move the truck up and down during those operations. During the carving process the tip of the bit stays even with the bottom of the board sensor. I called and went through re-calibration. That did not fix the problem. I took the top off and made sure the cable connections were clean and tight. What board or cable may need replacement - or would I need to replace the whole z truck? I do not have a spindle attached. I use Pro 3 Design. Everything else is working properly. I have a project pending that I need to get done. Ideas or fixes? Thanks!
    Last edited by vltrnjd; 04-03-2017 at 04:14 PM. Reason: problem fixed.

Run the axis test, 0,8 , from the key pad to see if moves up and down. Also try reformatting the card and re load your project.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Likely a FSC Cable has gone bad. The 14 pin cable that supplies the power and signals to the Z.

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC03367_WEB.jpg   DSC06566.JPG  
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Quote Originally Posted by vltrnjd View Post
    Hey! I love my carvewright. I have an older machine - rev B. Have been trying to troubleshoot a problem and I am stuck. I tried searching troubleshooting and the forum but I do not find this problem. The bit turns but does not descend to carve the pattern. The z truck moves easily up and down and can be lowered by hand to the lowest position. It does not hit the strike plate or the board when finding the bit or finding the board. It does move the truck up and down during those operations. During the carving process the tip of the bit stays even with the bottom of the board sensor. I called and went through re-calibration. That did not fix the problem. I took the top off and made sure the cable connections were clean and tight. What board or cable may need replacement - or would I need to replace the whole z truck? I do not have a spindle attached. I use Pro 3 Design. Everything else is working properly. I have a project pending that I need to get done. Ideas or fixes? Thanks!
    Are you using stop collars?. The bit has to be inserted within a specific range from the spindle. Using a stop collar will insure that you are inserting the bit within that range and that it is inserted to the same depth each time.
    Steve

The axis test is done - it did move up and down. A= 52.6 M=118.37 - no error code so I am guessing the numbers are fine. I will try the card issue next.

You Sir are a gentleman and a scholar! Reformatting the card and reloading the file did it! It is carving as we speak! Thank-you so very much!

Quote Originally Posted by vltrnjd View Post
    You Sir are a gentleman and a scholar! Reformatting the card and reloading the file did it! It is carving as we speak! Thank-you so very much!
    Great, my WAG was correct.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.