Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cut motor rebuild

Default Cut motor rebuild

Wondering, can you send cut motors in to LHR, have them rebuilt and returned to you? I have two or three that need to be done.
    Kansas Wood Shop
    Disabled Veteran owned and operated
    Visit www.kansaswood.com
    A machine with rock, CS machine, Designer 3, centerline, conforming vectors

If you buy a new one and then return your old one, supposedly they will give you money back ($40?) for the old one.

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    If you buy a new one and then return your old one, supposedly they will give you money back ($40?) for the old one.
    Not any more..
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

They do credit you for rebuildable parts you send in. I got a whole box full of parts I just never sent back. I'm trying to save up enough to buy a new machine with refunds from parts haha. Anyway, $185 for a new cut motor just is a little pricey for me, gonna have to really need one.

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    Kansas Wood Shop
    Disabled Veteran owned and operated
    Visit www.kansaswood.com
    A machine with rock, CS machine, Designer 3, centerline, conforming vectors

Quote Originally Posted by dehrlich View Post
    They do credit you for rebuildable parts you send in.
    How does that work? We have been lead to believe that the rebate process for parts has been discontinued.

6. Default

If the cases are good (not cracked or broken) I am sure there are people on here who would be willing to buy cut motors. There are probably other parts you may be able to sell as well.

The rebate program was canceled January of 2016.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

8. Default

I have a cut motor from my parts machine and I'm wondering if there's a way to power on it's own. You got the white and black power wires and then the plug in for the computer. I wonder if I could just hook up the power by itself.

The square drive flex shaft fits right onto my heavy duty square drive Fordom hand piece.

9. Default

In order to test cut motors I have hooked the white and black directly to 110 power, it will work this way but only at one speed. Make sure the motor is clamped or held down.

10. Default

So if I wire it up to a chord straight to the electrical wall outlet it will work right? I know that the small wall plug prong is the positive or white and the large prong is the negative (black).

Should that work.

I have a motor speed dial plug that I've used for other stuff would that work on the motor. I wouldn't start so fast if it is usable for that.

Yes I would secure the motor.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast