Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AC Switch bypass

Surely switches meeting UL standards can be found. My "close cover" switch failed within 10 hours, and the warranty replacement failed within a couple of weeks. The sealed switch that I bought and used as a replacement has worked for over 6 years now and carries a UL approval.

One thing to remember about the switches is that when you remove the top black cover and move it, the CLEAR cover is resting on the SWITCHES as the clear cover didn't have a mechanical stop. So moving the cover around and not supporting the clear cover can lead to DAMAGED SWITCHES.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Back when I was having some close cover issues like most. After polishing the switch contacts with emery cloth I have very few, if any, issues at all.

For the cut motor switch, if you are using the clear cover to pause/stop the machine you can/will get some arcing across the contacts as it is a 110 volt circuit. The arcing will corrode the contacts and cause the switch to fail at some point in time.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123