Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AC Switch bypass

Default AC Switch bypass

Is it possible to bypass the AC switch on the cover? I know it's a safety thing, the close cover switch would still be intact.
    Kansas Wood Shop
    Disabled Veteran owned and operated
    Visit www.kansaswood.com
    A machine with rock, CS machine, Designer 3, centerline, conforming vectors

2. Default

The safety police will jump in but I bypassed both my switches years ago. but yes the easiest place to do it is in the back corner where they sometimes hit the truck. The wires have connections where they go from the lid to the motor. Disconnect there and use a piece of wire to connect the black to the white. This will bypass the switch. You can do this to test the switch. Once you do this you can run a cut motor test. Its then up to you how long you want to leave it this way.

Quote Originally Posted by dehrlich View Post
    Is it possible to bypass the AC switch on the cover? I know it's a safety thing, the close cover switch would still be intact.

I would probably not be a good idea to bypass only one switch. If the cut motor stops when you lift the lid and the truck continues to move you will break a bit. As mentioned, there are safety issues and as Norm said "how long you leave them bypassed is up to you."
    Steve

I bypassed both of my switches a couple years ago as well and am happy with my decision. As with all tools, pay attention and keep your fingers away from the spinny things.
    I also have LED lights powered through the power switch so they turn on whenever whenever the CW is on. The safety police would be all day writing up my warrants.
    I agree with SteveNelson46, if you bypass one, you should bypass them both.

Quote Originally Posted by dehrlich View Post
    Yes, it is possible.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

There is no need to bypass it if it works!! Test it. Do you hear it click?

7. Default

Mine still clicked but did not work. once I bypassed motor worked perfectly. There are replacement controller side switches on ebay but not the motor side switch. LHR shipping is way too high for this little part.

I did not mean that it works if it clicks. It, however, does not work if it does not click! One needs to check for continuity.

(I believe that not clicking because of the cover held up by a DC is the most common reason for cut motors not running.)

I replaced the switch with one from my parts machine. All is well now, thanks for all the input!
    Kansas Wood Shop
    Disabled Veteran owned and operated
    Visit www.kansaswood.com
    A machine with rock, CS machine, Designer 3, centerline, conforming vectors

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    I did not mean that it works if it clicks. It, however, does not work if it does not click! One needs to check for continuity.

(I believe that not clicking because of the cover held up by a DC is the most common reason for cut motors not running.)
    I'm sorry I did not mean to insinuate that, I just wanted to point out that mine was clicking but not working.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast