Thread: Logo disappears when adding a lip around a coaster

Default Logo disappears when adding a lip around a coaster

I carved the Iowa State coasters per the attached project "Iowa State Coaster 2". It worked just fine. So I decided to make it a little bit more interesting by putting a slightly raised rim around the outside. I also changed the logo slightly. See "Iowa State Coaster 3". If you look at the depths, the only difference is the rim. However, the logo, although there, is missing from the carving.

What did I do to cause this?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Apply Clip Carving:Exclusive to your small circle.

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    Apply Clip Carving:Exclusive to your small circle.
    That worked. Thanks!

Why was that necessary for the small circle? I guess I don't understand what clip carving exclusive does.

Another question. When I apply a medium draft to the logo, it looks like there is now a ridge around the logo. If I reduce it to a small draft, the ridge goes away. Why is this?

Clip exclusive excludes the part of the pattern (circle in this case) which over laps another pattern (logo in this case).

Adjust the depths to get rid of the ridge. Consider bit optimization best as well. (It looks like part of the C from CYCLONES is still part of the new pattern.)

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    Clip exclusive excludes the part of the pattern (circle in this case) which over laps another pattern (logo in this case).

Adjust the depths to get rid of the ridge. Consider bit optimization best as well. (It looks like part of the C from CYCLONES is still part of the new pattern.)
    Thanks for the explanation. BTW, what looked like a remnant of the C from CYCLONES was actually some pesky remaining pixels that I didn't catch in the image when I worked on it. They really popped out when a draft was applied. I reopened the image, and did some clean up on the original image, and created a new pattern. Now they are gone. I also leveled out the background of the carving area, so now it does not have that mottled look.

Thanks again for your help and education!