Thread: Question from a Newby

Default Question from a Newby

1. On the 12 width x 18 length (Org) I need to put 7 in extra to get 25 in length to 25 length x 12 width ?

2. Question, How does the CNC know that workable blank (18 l x 12 w) and the filler wood? (7 in or 3.5 each side)?

Thanks...

When you say yes to "keep under rollers?" it automatically adds the 3.5 inches to each end of the project.

Quote Originally Posted by dltccf View Post
    When you say yes to "keep under rollers?" it automatically adds the 3.5 inches to each end of the project.
    I look at it as automatically claiming or subtracting 3.5" from each end resulting in project length of 11" instead of 18".
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Quote Originally Posted by dmcnew View Post
    1. On the 12 width x 18 length (Org) I need to put 7 in extra to get 25 in length to 25 length x 12 width ?

2. Question, How does the CNC know that workable blank (18 l x 12 w) and the filler wood? (7 in or 3.5 each side)?

Thanks...
    Because you selected "Center Project on Board". Carving = 18", Actual board = 25". An 18" carving centered on the board leaves 3.5" on each end.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by dltccf View Post
    Here is a link to a tutorial you may find handy. Simple (foolproof) procedure outlined on Pages 1 and 2

http://www.carvewright.com/assets/ti...icks_Dec07.pdf

Might want to read this tutorial as well (after you read the one above):

http://www.carvewright.com/assets/tips/CarveWrightTips_and_Tricks_Mar09.pdf
    Last edited by mtylerfl; 03-29-2017 at 01:18 PM.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Old Timers call it the 7 inch rule of wood. Simply put... IF you select to "Stay Under the Rollers" then you must ensure that you have 7 inches of physical wood EXTRA than the Designer Board Length. IF the machine finds you selected "Stay Under the Rollers" and it finds that the "Physical Board" does NOT have the additional 7 inches longer than the DESIGNER LENGTH of the Board the machine will ask you.... SCALE PROJECT ????? IF you say YES and don't have the physical wood the machine will TAKE IT.... and Scale down your project.

The most common post years ago was... "HEY... My carving is SMALLER than I planned" Hence we would explain the 7 inch rule of wood...

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com