Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3" bits

I picked up a couple of bits and have been trying them out this weekend. No problems at all with the ER11. What were your thoughts on them?

I may be imagining this but to me they don't seem as sharp as some of my other bits. Could be the one I'm using only since I haven't tried the second bit yet.

I think you are right. The bits with the coatings do not initially feel as sharp as the bare carbide bits. The theory is that they stay sharper longer but I do not know if that is true. The coatings may reduce heat and chip friction. For wood, I wonder if it really matters that much.

Dan, thanks. Good. That means as the coating wears off the bit will get sharper.

anti-entropy!

Just wanted to follow up I have been using these yonico bits for awhile now and they seem to hold up and carve very well $24.95 and free shipping
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/CNC-Router-...72.m2749.l2649

I'm going to try these! Are you using any particular 1/4 - 1/2 insert? Also, do you have to use the little clear plastic spacer anytime you use an insert?

we use the carvewright collet, I put a tape ring on the bit so I keep my length standard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12