Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question about a Project

1) yes ... if the design that you load on your card has dimensions of 18" in length by 12" in width, the board you load into the cnc should be at least 25" in length.
    2) the cnc knows the project dimensions based on the design you upload to the machines card...
    John
    www.jdmwoodworks.com
    Facebook Page: click FB button on web page

Bessemer, MI (shop location)
    Lake Gogebic, MI (where I hang my hat)

"He who wants by the yard, but gives by the inch, should be kicked by the foot"...

Quote Originally Posted by dmcnew View Post
    1. Ok, I just have one more question. On the 12 width x 18 length I need to put 7 in extra to get 25 in length to 25 length x 12 width ?

2. Question, How does the CNC know that workable blank (18 l x 12 w) and the filler wood? (7 in or 3.5 each side)?

Thanks...

At the very beginning the machine will measure your actual board. If your carving ( and virtual board) is 12" wide and 18" long then make the actual board about 12.5" wide and 25" long. When you select "Center Project on Board" at the machine your project will be carved in the center of the actual board with 3.5" of extra wood on each end. The extra .5" in width should be enough to be sure the rollers don't drop during the carving. Remember to select "NO" at the "Stay under Rollers" prompt.
    Steve

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12