Thread: Two tone

Default Two tone

A while back someone was showing how to carve so there is a contrast of both boards showing. Does anyone remember this or where I can find it?

Thanks Chris

Do you meant the Designer Pro feature of two layer boards?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails twotoneboard.PNG  

Was it this carving you were thinking about?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1655.JPG  
    CarverJerry

ver. 1.188 Win 7- 64b with 6 GB ram @ 2.8Ghz and dual 1Tb hard drives. Rock Chuck & Ringneck vacuum system hooked up to a Harbor Freight large vacuum. Center line text, conforming vectors.

Quote Originally Posted by cjudas View Post
    A while back someone was showing how to carve so there is a contrast of both boards showing. Does anyone remember this or where I can find it?

Thanks Chris
    A year or so ago I did a Pierced Heart project that was two toned. It was done by by laminating two different species of wood together and then planing off each side to the desired thickness before carving. It took a couple of attempts to get the right effect. The pattern for just the plain Pierced Heart is in the pattern depot along with a link to an instructional video. The two toned effect is not part of the video so it will take a little imagination to get the desired results.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pierced Heart 2 Toned.jpg  
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 03-24-2017 at 10:38 AM.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by SteveNelson46 View Post
    A year or so ago I did a Pierced Heart project that was two toned. It was done by by laminating two different species of wood together and then planing off each side to the desired thickness before carving. It took a couple of attempts to get the right effect. The pattern for just the plain Pierced Heart is in the pattern depot along with a link to an instructional video. The two toned effect is not part of the video so it will take a little imagination to get the desired results.
    were can I get this pattern it seem I had it before
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

Quote Originally Posted by cjudas View Post

Thanks Chris
    Hi Chris,

I made a two-tone Project of the Month awhile back using 0.25" stock - one board was red oak and the other was poplar (glued together). You can download the "Try Before You Buy" and look at the PDF and files for some ideas on doing two-toned stuff. Here is a link to the project:

Duo-Tone Refrigerator Magnets - Project of the Month - May 2014

This project features a duo-toned set of refrigerator magnets. The effect is achieved by gluing two sheets of contrasting woods together, then machining the patterns so the upper and lower layers of wood form a contrasting colored design. The project uses the 1/16" Carving Bit and the 1/8" Cutting Bit.

http://store.carvewright.com/product...cat=312&page=2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails refrigeratore-magnets700x700.png  
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Quote Originally Posted by henry1 View Post
    were can I get this pattern it seem I had it before
    Henry,

Its in the Pattern Depot.
    Steve

Thanks everyone. It was the two-tone magnets that I remember. Appreciate all the help.