Thread: Pattern help?

Default Pattern help?

I am trying to clean this old photo up to carve for my brother in law who has had a stroke and the family is having family get together in June and asked if I could do something for him. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails standard oil.jpg  
    MAX COX

I could print the picture on aluminum that you can attache to the plaque that you carve text into it.

A lot of detail to carve that picture.... Centerline text on the wood would look nice and even a carved logo.

free...

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

That is a thought, let me think on it. Thanks Al.
    MAX COX

Quote Originally Posted by MAX COX View Post
    I am trying to clean this old photo up to carve for my brother in law who has had a stroke and the family is having family get together in June and asked if I could do something for him. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    I seen this message the other day, you can't do much with an image you posted. To make a carving pattern for the CW Unit you need a Grayscale image. That is what the "Z" truck reads. I made a Pattern that may work for you. I could not find an image of an Old Standard Gas truck like your print. If you have a Photo of your brother-in-Law I made a four inch space you can glue that in that space. This is the MPC image. I have other PTN files I used to make this. Send me a "PM" with your e-mail -I can send you the files.

I work onDonations, I leave the donations up to the people that ask me to make a patternfor them. (They send me a “PM” with there E-mail address.) Except my CD andDVD's; I have a Minimum of $50.00 for the CD's (about 200 pattern files) and$100.00 for my DVD's (about 500 to 600 pattern files) I fill the disk with data(max data per disk). I use the Designer 1.187 version; all of CW's new updatedprograms can open my PTN files.

Most people just send me a donation of about what they pay for patterns at theCW Pattern Depot ($10.00 to $20.00); the most I received was $100.00, the guyneeded to make over 100 carvings. Some people don’t send me anything. I’llleave it up to you.

The CD and DVD's are the best deal; about 25 cents each. If you let me knowwhat type of carvings you like to make, I think I can come up with some greatline drawings. It works best to start with a line drawing to make the Grayscaleimage that the CW “Z” Truck uses to carve the pattern, it reads the Binary codeto make the carving.

0000=transparent, 0001=Black, 0255=White and 0128=center of the carving depth.That makes 256 shades of gray in the Grayscale Image.

Each of my pattern files have 6 files in them, like the sample attached. ThankYou, BJB
    The 6th file is the MPW file, that file is not locked with a code and you canchange the image in the designer program.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BM's Standard image 3-22-17 - CW pattern.PNG  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by bjbethke; 03-23-2017 at 05:53 PM.
    Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.