Thread: Y Motor....

Default Y Motor....

Friends CW has a Y Motor Issue (I think). After replacing the Y Motor and ready to start the first project...... Y Motor begins the "homing" process normally, but when the truck goes all the way to the left side to start the measuring process all comes to a stop. When the truck makes it to the end it doesn't stop and wants to continue moving causing bad clicking sound and we have to turn off the CW. Any thoughts? When all if off the truck moves side to side really easy with no issues.
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

Just a guess but I would try resetting the calibrations. I have had the same issue in the past and I think that's what worked for me.

It may be that the belt has slipped while thwacking at the bit plate. After that, it goes too far into the left side. Check the y belt and its tension.

Also make sure the belt clamp on the back of the truck has not come loose.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

So the Y goes LEFT toward the keyboard then hits and wants to go further.... clicks....

During the homing process the head should bump into the left then start to measure.

The machine should be looking at the Motor Current and watching for a increase... Interesting....

First thing I would look at is Y Belt tension.... TOO LOOSE....

Belt is slipping before increasing the motor current...

I would do sensor checks too and move the head to the left manually then call up sensor data and Y. It should be 0000 when and where it is started as it is just a counter. Then manually move the head all the way to the right watching the 0000 go to 0001, 0002, 0003..... It's just counting pulses from the encoder. THEN back to the left... Looking that it returns to 0000. Just checking encoder function.

Clicking CAN also be caused my a BAD Y Gearbox where the 2 685ZZ Bearing are worn out and possibly the shaft has worn causing the gear to slip and click at the servo MOTOR to Gear connection. Was the Y NEW?

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00488_WEB.jpg   DSC00486_WEB.jpg   DSC09643_WEB.jpg   DSC06551_WEB.jpg  

DSC06552_WEB.jpg   DSC06550_WEB.jpg   DSC06549_WEB.jpg   DSC06547_WEB.jpg  

Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Thanks everyone. The Y motor was definitely new. Floyd, it is true that the belt clip was initially loose behind the truck and is the first thing we noticed... so we tightened it down and then re checked the belt tension. It felt good to me (not loose) however is there a "rule" to use in checking the belt tension? I'm also going to check the side to side tracking counters just to make sure it's at 000 when all the way to the left. Thanks everyone for your input and I'll post an update next time I go to Coby's house and look at his machine. Wish me luck!
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"