Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Big fancy sign top and bottom

Under Tools - Makepattern. The carve region has to be grouped and the group selected first.

Here is a trick. I made your outline into a carved through region. Screen captured it and used Corel trace to retrace it. Output it as DXF. Rotated is as I imported into Designer with the DXF importer. (I could also have split it across boards if I had known which board sizes you wanted.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails frame Capture.PNG  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Great! Thanks! If I just place it on a board and stretch it out to size am I correct that the machine will just ignore the part that isn't on the board? See what I mean by the attached pic.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sign.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	358.1 KB 
ID:	83638

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    Here is a trick. I made your outline into a carved through region. Screen captured it and used Corel trace to retrace it. Output it as DXF. Rotated is as I imported into Designer with the DXF importer. (I could also have split it across boards if I had known which board sizes you wanted.)

[QUOTE=Shacky;264214] If I just place it on a board and stretch it out to size am I correct that the machine will just ignore the part that isn't on the board?

I think so but the bit may go off the board a little. It could cut into a sled or rails. Maybe someone who has done this will post.

Just wanted to confirm that the part that is not on the board is just ignored. I was able to cut out the top with the bottom half off the board and then do the same with the bottom to make a two board sign. (I did a 3rd board for a middle but it didn't need to be cut as it's a solid rectangle. It's coming out quite nice and I will post a picture in a few days when it is done. Thanks again for the help!

[QUOTE=bergerud;264216]
    Quote Originally Posted by Shacky View Post
    If I just place it on a board and stretch it out to size am I correct that the machine will just ignore the part that isn't on the board?

I think so but the bit may go off the board a little. It could cut into a sled or rails. Maybe someone who has done this will post.

Not quite done, but close. Thanks again for the help!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0550.JPG  

7. Default

That came out great! Congratulations!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12