Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big fancy sign top and bottom

Default Big fancy sign top and bottom

I'm looking for a top and bottom for a big sign I'm going to make. I would like it to have a cut out like the top and bottom of the pattern attached, but I would like it rotated so that I could cut it on a board that is 12 x 25. The top would be one piece and the bottom another. Then I'll put the sign together with the top, bottom, and two middle pieces with the letters.

In other words, I want the sign to be 25" wide so the cut out has to be rotated. If there is an easy way to do this, I would love to know, I couldn't figure it out.

Thanks for any help!
    Attached Files Attached Files

2. Default

I made your sign shape into a pattern. It can be rotated any way you like now then outline pattern.

I think you have to redraw the outline since you will want to break it up into pieces.

As boilermaker says, make it into a pattern, rotate and then retrace the parts you need.

(There is no way to directly rotate vectors in Designer.)

I keep getting a message that this was made with a newer version of the software and it won't open. I updated to 1.188 and it still won't work. Sorry to be so needy lately. I sure appreciate the help.

Quote Originally Posted by boilermaker View Post
    I made your sign shape into a pattern. It can be rotated any way you like now then outline pattern.

Boilermaker used Designer Pro and so you will not be able to open the mpc. He created a carve region from your outline and then rotated it. To do what he did, open the mpc attached, make a pattern from it, put the pattern on a board and then rotate it.

6. Default

I am just wondering how are you all able to make a pattern from someone elses mpc? I thought we could not make a pattern unless we made the mpc? I did not open his project but I was just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by normrichards View Post
    I am just wondering how are you all able to make a pattern from someone elses mpc? I thought we could not make a pattern unless we made the mpc? I did not open his project but I was just curious.
    I did not make a pattern from his outline. I just fixed up his outline so that he could make a pattern.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by boilermaker View Post
    Thank you burg I thought you did and boilermaker said he did so I was just curious.

9. Default

I unmirrored the path. Removed the straight lines. Copied and pasted the two vertical curves then flipped them vertically. Redrew the straight lines connected everything. Did a path offset of .001 and made a pattern from the path offset.

I've been trying to figure this out on my own, but I'm not getting it. How do I make a pattern from the mpc attached?

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    Boilermaker used Designer Pro and so you will not be able to open the mpc. He created a carve region from your outline and then rotated it. To do what he did, open the mpc attached, make a pattern from it, put the pattern on a board and then rotate it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast