Thread: pattern help

Default pattern help

I am pretty new to carve wright, I bought a used one and have really enjoyed learning it so far. What I am trying to do is do a cutout shape of North Carolina, I did find the one in the free pattern downloads along with several on the internet but I have the same problem with all of them. When they are cut the edges are all jagged and if I understand correctly it is from the pixels in the images I am using. I am using the basic project designer software and the cost to upgrade is outside my budget at this time so what I'm wondering is if there is someone on the forum who could make ( For A Fee or a suggestion on contacting one of the patters sellers) an appropriate pattern in DXF or STL format that would give me a good cutout. Thank you all. Allan

Welcome to the forum. See if this will do.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I think that will be exactly what I need. Was I right on the type file I needed and the cause of the jagged edges I had?

Yes, you could be right. If you outline jagged bitmaps, you can get rough edges. I noticed some vertex problems in what I posted when I reopened the mpc. Here is it fixed.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank you very I certainly appreciate the help, Allan