Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lost file

Default Lost file

Somehow I lost my Favorites file from designer and all my patterns with it . Do not know what I did or how I did it , can someone PLEASE help me on how to get it back on list? from Alaska Jim

In Windows Explorer search your drive for favorites.mpn to see if it still exists.

YES it is there , how do I get it back to designer?

It needs to be moved into the CarveWright folder. C:\Users\your name\CarveWright
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CARVEWRIGHT FOLDER.PNG  
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Double click on it! It will automatically copy itself to the right place. Or you could just move or copy it to C:\Users\Yourname\CarveWright.

I tried double clicking and it just makes another copy in the same search window. When I do get it to open it goes to a point that it asks for a software serial number as if I just bought a pattern . Still can not get it back into designer. I don.t know what I am doing wrong. I thank you so very much for your patience in helping me.

Even though you get that license window, it copies the file into the c:\Users\yourname\CarveWright sub dir. You will now have to go to that sub dir and see what is there. If the favorites.mpn file is there (and so now also will be a copy with a number as part of the name), then it maybe that your favorites.mpn file is corrupt.

I was assuming that your favorites in Designer disappeared because the file had been moved. If that was not the case, you may have a real problem.

Go the that sub dir and tell us what you find.

I have the favorites.mpn file in my carvewright folder but when I try to open or anything it takes me to the software serial number and I can not find a number to type there to continue.

If the favorites file is in the CW sub dir, there is no need to double click on it or move it. It is in the right place.

How big is the favorites file? Is there another favorites file there with a number as part of its name? If so is it the same size as the normal one?

When you open Designer are the favorites still missing?

When you double clicked it the software is thinking you are loading/importing a collection so that is why it is asking for the serial number.

As Dan said, open up designer and see if you have the favorites category in your patterns list. Since you have double clicked on it several times you might now have duplicate listings. If so you will need to go to the carvewright folder and delete the ones with numbers behind the favorites file..
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast