Thread: MARCH 2017 Project of the Month - "Strawberries Forever" Wall Clock!

Default MARCH 2017 Project of the Month - "Strawberries Forever" Wall Clock!

Hello,

This wall clock project features a beautifully detailed strawberry carving motif for you to enjoy! The sample was simply stained and clear-coated but will lend itself nicely to a painted finish, or even a paint and stain combination, as well.

The project uses just the 1/16" Carving Bit and the 1/8" Cutting Bit. No other bits are required.

Finished dimensions of the Strawberries Forever Clock are approximately: 1.5" deep x 10" wide x 17.6" tall.

Main items you will need:

1) The Project Files (included):
    • Strawberry_FRONT_Panel.mpc
    • Strawberry_REAR_Panel.mpc

2) Boards with the following dimensions:
    FRONT: 0.75" x 11" x 26"
    REAR: 0.75" x 11" x 26"

NOTE: Do not use boards that are smaller than specified above unless using an appropriate jig.

3) A 5-7/8 inch clock insert (3.25" dia. mounting hole). I used model #15341 from:
    https://www.klockit.com/catalogsearc...2F8%22+clock#1

4) Sandpaper, sawtooth picture hanger, glue, stain and/or paint and clear finish

5) A Dremel-type rotary tool with assorted sanding wheels and bits to sand small details. A spindle sander and small belt sander can also be handy to speed up preparation for finishing.

Apply your choice of finish. Here’s what I used on my Strawberries Forever Clock sample made from Select Pine:
    • Apply Rust-Oleum Ultimate Stain - Wheat
    • Several coats of gloss Krylon Clear Acrylic spray
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails machining_strawberries_forever_clock550x413.png   apply-clearcot550x550.png   Strawberries_Forever_Clock_317x549.png   Strawberries_Forever_Clock_iso280x550.png  

Strawberries_Forever_Clock_430x430.png  
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Beautiful project. Nicely done.

Absolutely Gorgeous!!! Thumbs up for this one! Thank you Michael!

Great work beautiful project !

5. Default

Michael, I've been saying it for 10 years now. I don't know what impresses me the most, the quality and coolness of the projects or the fact that you never seem at a loss to come up with such fantastic projects, Every month!!
    All I can say is..... Nicely done.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryT View Post
    Michael, I've been saying it for 10 years now. I don't know what impresses me the most, the quality and coolness of the projects or the fact that you never seem at a loss to come up with such fantastic projects, Every month!!
    All I can say is..... Nicely done.
    I couldn't have said it any better!
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by mtylerfl View Post
    Hello,

This wall clock project features a beautifully detailed strawberry carving motif for you to enjoy! The sample was simply stained and clear-coated but will lend itself nicely to a painted finish, or even a paint and stain combination, as well.

The project uses just the 1/16" Carving Bit and the 1/8" Cutting Bit. No other bits are required.

Finished dimensions of the Strawberries Forever Clock are approximately: 1.5" deep x 10" wide x 17.6" tall.

Main items you will need:

1) The Project Files (included):
    • Strawberry_FRONT_Panel.mpc
    • Strawberry_REAR_Panel.mpc

2) Boards with the following dimensions:
    FRONT: 0.75" x 11" x 26"
    REAR: 0.75" x 11" x 26"

NOTE: Do not use boards that are smaller than specified above unless using an appropriate jig.

3) A 5-7/8 inch clock insert (3.25" dia. mounting hole). I used model #15341 from:
    https://www.klockit.com/catalogsearc...2F8%22+clock#1

4) Sandpaper, sawtooth picture hanger, glue, stain and/or paint and clear finish

5) A Dremel-type rotary tool with assorted sanding wheels and bits to sand small details. A spindle sander and small belt sander can also be handy to speed up preparation for finishing.

Apply your choice of finish. Here’s what I used on my Strawberries Forever Clock sample made from Select Pine:
    • Apply Rust-Oleum Ultimate Stain - Wheat
    • Several coats of gloss Krylon Clear Acrylic spray
    Beautiful!

Thank you all for the very kind words!! You have definitely made my day and am genuinely happy you are enjoying the projects!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Once again you have a great POM. !!!!!
    Happy Carving

Robert D.
    rcdages

CarveWright START U Team Member.

The mightiest oak in the forest is just a little nut
    that held it's ground.