Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: new up date

I down loaded and installed as admin with win10 and had no issues. Designer started up as normal.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Quote Originally Posted by dltccf View Post
    downloaded and upgraded to the new software version, it said there was a change in the cut motor startup procedure because the newer cut motors were more effecient. When my shop is below 65 degrees my cut motor always stops after about 10 seconds and says check cut motor, I press enter and it finishes the job. This morning shop is probably 50 degrees and for the first time at that temp it did not stop and give that error. I don't know if they intended to fix my problem, but thank you LHR.

dave
    Yes, several of has experienced similar Check cut Motor issues. I have not had one since installing the fiormware update when it was made available.

Quote Originally Posted by dltccf View Post
    downloaded and upgraded to the new software version, it said there was a change in the cut motor startup procedure because the newer cut motors were more effecient. When my shop is below 65 degrees my cut motor always stops after about 10 seconds and says check cut motor, I press enter and it finishes the job. This morning shop is probably 50 degrees and for the first time at that temp it did not stop and give that error. I don't know if they intended to fix my problem, but thank you LHR.

dave
    I spoke too soon, my shop warmed up later in the day and I had to rerun the project because of a screwup and even though it shouldn't have done it at the warmer temp it did it. So take it for what it is worth, it may or may not fix the check cut motor issue,

Did you flash the card with the new firmware?

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    Did you flash the card with the new firmware?

yes, It does it when you upload the first file after the upgrade

LHR has always said that the cut motor issue was "not an issue". The cut motor check is to see if the cut motor can wind up to a certain rpm in a certain time window. If it does not pass the test, something is not quite right.

Apparently the new cut motors wound up too fast for the old test and so the test had to be altered. So, failing the cut motor test may still mean that something is not quite up to snuff with the machine. I know that after I put my machine on a beefy extension cord, the check cut motor messages stopped.

LHR has always said that the cut motor issue was "not an issue". The cut motor check is to see if the cut motor can wind up to a certain rpm in a certain time window. If it does not pass the test, something is not quite right.

Apparently the new cut motors wound up too fast for the old test and so the test had to be altered. So, failing the cut motor test may still mean that something is not quite up to snuff with the machine. I know that after I put my machine on a beefy extension cord, the check cut motor messages stopped.

hmm, beefing up the extension cord is a simple test. I must try that.

I didn't see the error message "Check Cut Motor" after flashing the data card with the previous version of the firmware. After re-flashng with the current firmware it's back again. In my book, it is an error anytime the machine stops unexpectedly during the carve and displays a message. Also, it does seem rather odd that it only happens on vector cuts.
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 03-13-2017 at 11:49 AM.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by SteveNelson46 View Post
    I didn't see the error message "Check Cut Motor" after flashing the data card with the previous version of the firmware. After re-flashng with the current firmware it's back again. In my book, it is an error anytime the machine stops unexpectedly during the carve and displays a message. Also, it does seem rather odd that it only happens on vector cuts.
    It may be that the cut motor test was disabled in the firmware update before last and now has been fixed for the new motors and re-enabled. I believe it is only for vector cuts that the test is performed and so, only projects with vector cuts would ever produce the message.

You should look to your machine for a reason.

It may be that the cut motor test was disabled in the firmware update before last and now has been fixed for the new motors and re-enabled. I believe it is only for vector cuts that the test is performed and so, only projects with vector cuts would ever produce the message.

You should look to your machine for a reason.
    I can assure you that my machine is running as it should. This has been an persistent problem since version one days and I do not appreciate the LHR approach that it is always the users fault.
    Steve

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast