Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't move carvings vertically

Default Can't move carvings vertically

Attached is my project. I want to do two things.

First, move the three coasters a little farther above the horizontal center line.
    Second, paste another three below the center line.

I can't seem to get any of the three coasters to move vertically however. What am I doing wrong?

I do plan on using side rails, since the board will be too small to carve by itself.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Didn't look at the art.. But you likely have a Distance Line YELLOW or locked... Use remove attachment to turn it GREEN... Or Center Horz or Very is locked on.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

You need to remove the "center vertically" on everything first.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

I would like to know how the coasters could all be where they are (not vertically centered) when center vertically is on!

Quote Originally Posted by fwharris View Post
    You need to remove the "center vertically" on everything first.
    That did it. I removed the center vert constraint before copying one to the clipboard. Then, when I pasted it into the new board, I was able to move it vertically.

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalwoodshop View Post
    Didn't look at the art.. But you likely have a Distance Line YELLOW or locked... Use remove attachment to turn it GREEN... Or Center Horz or Very is locked on.
    Removing the center vertically constraint before copying it to the clipboard allowed me to paste it into the new board and have full control of movement. But, where is the tool to remove an attachment?

Quote Originally Posted by djarboe View Post
    Removing the center vertically constraint before copying it to the clipboard allowed me to paste it into the new board and have full control of movement. But, where is the tool to remove an attachment?
    You did not have any attachments. But if you did, point to it with the mouse, right click and select "remove attachment" .
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    I would like to know how the coasters could all be where they are (not vertically centered) when center vertically is on!

Dan,

When copying and pasting from one project to another and the size of the boards are different, the Designer will paste in the same location even if there is a vertical or horizontal constraint and keeps the restraint on without applying it. One can just remove the constraint after pasting and it will release it. While it isn't a major issue I find it annoying. The restraints should automatically be removed. Most other programs apply restraints without persistence.
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 03-19-2017 at 06:59 PM.
    Steve

Thanks Steve. I never noticed that before. That explains how djarboe got into that situation.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveNelson46 View Post
    Dan,

When copying and pasting from one project to another and the size of the boards are different, the Designer will paste in the same location even if there is a vertical or horizontal constraint and keeps the restraint on without applying it. One can just remove the constraint after pasting and it will release it. While it isn't a major issue I find it annoying. The restraints should automatically be removed. Most other programs apply restraints without persistence.
    Oddly enough, when I first tried it, the "pasted" item did not show it as constrained by a center vertically attribute. That was grayed out, or unselected. It still would not move vertically until I copied from the original after removing the center constraint.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast