Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wanted----Erwin Dust collector

Default Wanted----Erwin Dust collector

Looking for anyone who has the Erwin Dust collection piece. IM me if you do and how much you are asking for it.

Thx

Yes, I would like to find one also. I am not happy with the inefficiency of the new CarveWright plastic one.

Quote Originally Posted by kelsky View Post
    Looking for anyone who has the Erwin Dust collection piece. IM me if you do and how much you are asking for it.

Thx

Welcome to the forum. What makes you think the Erwin DC is any better than the CW DC? (I have heard that the RingNeckBlues DC was the best of the lot.)

I have both the Ring Neck and the Erwin on my 2 machines. I find that the Erwin collects more debris, is easier to quickly add/remove the hose due to the proper hose fitting, rather than crimped metal that leaks. Just my experience, your results may vary.

his website still lists them - Erwinproducts.com

Ok, I stand corrected. I do not use these types of dust collectors, and so, I really do not know from experience.

Dan, no need to stand corrected. It really is a personal preference. I am sure the debate could grow quite heated It could boil down to the way my DC hoses are rigged up. Just haven't found the time to switch it up.

We always value your opinion!!

Quote Originally Posted by DianMayfield View Post
    I have both the Ring Neck and the Erwin on my 2 machines. I find that the Erwin collects more debris, is easier to quickly add/remove the hose due to the proper hose fitting, rather than crimped metal that leaks. Just my experience, your results may vary.

his website still lists them - Erwinproducts.com
    Seal up the hose with duct tape or add a quick connect fitting to the hose.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

One way I use the DC hose is I sweep it across the board as I remove it. Saves needing to sweep/vacuum so much or have my monster shop vac in the way as I work. Duct tape is not practical, for ME.

I have not seen a 4" quick disconnect!

That makes sense... Link to the quick connect fitting.. https://www.woodcraft.com/products/4...ection-fitting
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Thanks! I will be near a Wood Craft tomorrow (180 miles).. I will have to see if they keep them in stock. Could be the perfect answer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast