Thread: Looking to buy a new machine...and I have a few questions

Default Looking to buy a new machine...and I have a few questions

I am thinking of purchasing a new Carvewright. I have one of the older ones that has Craftsman across the top. I have had a lot of problems with this machine and since I had bought it used and it is the older style, I figured I would check into a new one. Is the newer CX model a lot better than what I have now? Is the Designer 3 software worth the additional money? And last but not least, is the current price a good price to get it at or will it be going on sale / off sale soon? Thanks in advance for any responses..

The CX does have some improvements with the new power supply, quieter cut motor and some beef up on the case. Of course it has the CarveTight chuck instead of the Quick Change and the rubber belts are standard. I would also suggest getting Designer 3 as it is their new platform and all changes will be based on it. Plus some of the add on features will only work in 3.

They do have a 10 year anniversary sale going on right now https://store.carvewright.com/offers.php but they do also run sales each month as well.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

I have and C or CX for sale, if interested. Larry

can't reply to your question

fwharris, so what designer version comes with the newest machine?
    CarverJerry

ver. 1.188 Win 7- 64b with 6 GB ram @ 2.8Ghz and dual 1Tb hard drives. Rock Chuck & Ringneck vacuum system hooked up to a Harbor Freight large vacuum. Center line text, conforming vectors.

It would be 1.188 now.

Quote Originally Posted by CarverJerry View Post
    fwharris, so what designer version comes with the newest machine?
    You have the choice of the basic or the pro version. All of the "package" deals include the pro version.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.