Thread: Two-sided on the UCB

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I don't know what the ACB procedure is.

I flipped the board, re-clamped, and got caught in the machine prompting for the bit over and over. I even took the sled out and cleaned out the inside of the machine. That's why I tried to align the sled by hand.

Edit: I need a bit of clarity, please.

If I'm understanding correctly, I should

1. Flip the board over.
    2. Let the machine re-measure exactly as you did for the back side.
    Questions: You mean let the machine re-measure as if I was doing this without the sled or do you mean to follow the procedure in the instructions for the UCB sled? If you mean the instructions for the UCB sled, which part of the procedure? (I expected that I'd flip the board and clamp, and the machine would know what to do, but that didn't happen, as noted above.)
    3. Clamp down the head.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
    1. Flip the board over.
    2. Let the machine re-measure exactly as you did for the back side.
    Questions: You mean let the machine re-measure as if I was doing this without the sled or do you mean to follow the procedure in the instructions for the UCB sled? If you mean the instructions for the UCB sled, which part of the procedure? (I expected that I'd flip the board and clamp, and the machine would know what to do, but that didn't happen, as noted above.)
    3. Clamp down the head.
    Whenever you carve a board on the UCB, you have to first go through the UCB measuring procedure. This also applies to when you flip the board over on the UCB.

When the machine prompts to flip the board, you take the UCB out of the machine and flip the board. It does not matter exactly where the board is replaced as the machine is going to remeasure it anyway. Put the UCB and board back in the machine and repeat the same procedure to measure the board as you used on the first side. After the board is measured, clamp down the head, do the bit touch and away it goes.

(Note that if you jog to position on the back side, you will not need to jog again on the front side. The machine knows (within the accuracy of the board sensor) where to carve to match the other side.)