Thread: cutouts

Default cutouts

making a pattern 1.5 wide 14.0 long with an S curve in it. Want to make several of these cut outs, some now some later. Want to cut these out with a .125 cut bit. after I save the pattern and bring it back on a board, the bit I assigned to it when pattern was made defaults back to 1/16 carving bit ,and cannot get the select bit icon to light up so it can be changed to .125 cut bit again? What am I doing wrong????

Quote Originally Posted by ekimnamyr View Post
    making a pattern 1.5 wide 14.0 long with an S curve in it. Want to make several of these cut outs, some now some later. Want to cut these out with a .125 cut bit. after I save the pattern and bring it back on a board, the bit I assigned to it when pattern was made defaults back to 1/16 carving bit ,and cannot get the select bit icon to light up so it can be changed to .125 cut bit again? What am I doing wrong????
    All patterns are carved as raster. The only bit the software will allow is a carving bit. That is also why it doesn't save cut paths as part of the pattern. To cut out the pattern use the "Outline Pattern" tool and then use the "Cut Out" tool on the path that it generates.
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 02-14-2017 at 08:44 PM.
    Steve