Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Close door

Default Close door

Hello all, during carves the machine stops telling me to close door. It is closed. Can the contact switch be bad?
    Experience is a doorway -- Not a final goal.

Do you have a dust collection attachment? If so check to see if the clear cover is making contact.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

3. Default

Before I disconnected my cover switches " I know the safety police will come for you" I had to add a small glob of hot melt glue to the cover pin that pushes in the switch as it was no longer pushing the switch in, there is no adjustment on them. Finally when my switch was giving me more issues I just bypassed them both.

Quote Originally Posted by Ropdoc View Post
    Hello all, during carves the machine stops telling me to close door. It is closed. Can the contact switch be bad?
    Make sure it is not from vibration or that your lid is not crooked.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Quote Originally Posted by normrichards View Post
    Before I disconnected my cover switches " I know the safety police will come for you" I had to add a small glob of hot melt glue to the cover pin that pushes in the switch as it was no longer pushing the switch in, there is no adjustment on them. Finally when my switch was giving me more issues I just bypassed them both.

You know we don't encourage this.

Sincerely,
    Safety Police

I just added some self stick velcro tape and tape the lid closed.

This is my perspective and personal opinion.

I know it is not encouraged but, at the risk of incurring the wrath of all the "safety engineers" here on the forum and setting LHR company liability aside I think most of the experienced users have done it. If you look at most of the other CNC machines, they don't even have a cover much less a safety switch. I think one just has to be smart enough not to put their hands, or other objects, in the machine while it's running. And if you do, don't be dumb enough to tell anyone. Another advantage is that you have to get in the habit of pressing the stop button to stop the machine instead of raising the lid and sometimes breaking a bit. Also, if you remove the wiring to the switches entirely it eliminates the problem of the Y truck obstruction. Yea yea I know that if the machine has a faulty power supply that it could start up on its own. This only happens on the older machines and is extremely rare. If the dog hadn't stopped to take a crap he would have caught the rabbit.
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 02-13-2017 at 11:29 AM.
    Steve

I have had the same problem and my simple FIX was to do a "seat belt".... Open the lid about 1/4 way and run a few strips of TAPE from the black cover slot and the clear cover. This seat belt holds the cover tight to the switch.

Please don't bypass the left switch as you will eventually open the cover and the right side switch will stop the cut motor and the machine will continue and SNAP a BIT....

WORKS...

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC03168_WEB.jpg  
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 02-13-2017 at 03:32 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

9. Default

Safety police definitely coming for me. I bypassed both switches.

Safety police definitely coming for me. I bypassed both switches.
    Yep, you better be skeered...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast